Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1924 Chrysler pickup conversion

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dubie, Jul 19, 2016.

1. dubie

dubie

So I ended up getting a call from a local guy about his 24 Chrysler yesterday. I had inquired about this exact truck about 2 years ago and they were not going to part with it, so I let it be. I knew it had a long standing history in their family so I wasn't about to push the subject.

So he calls me yesterday asking if i was still interested. I went and took a look at it and a deal was struck, so I am now the proud 3rd owner of this 24 Chrysler depression conversion pickup.

Now, can anyone lend some historical lessons on this particular vehicle? I plan on restoring it and driving it as an antique just because its a first year production model from Chrysler.

Any advice, links, help anyone can lend, is welcome and very much appreciated

Ok how bout some pics 24chrysler.jpg 24chrysler1.jpg 24chrysler2.jpg 24chrysler3.jpg

Attached Files:

Jet96 likes this.
  2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I dig it. I like homemade pickup conversions.

3. belair

belair

4. Looks to be a 1924, but the serial number will tell. The serial number is supposed to be mounted on the dashboard and on the left frame side member at the rear spring horn (usually on the left rear).

5. dubie

dubie

I'll be getting it to my shop by the end of the week and will take a better look at it