Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1923 t coupe, Anyone ever built one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevpickup, Jun 16, 2014.

1. 53chevpickup

53chevpickup
    from Australia

Just a quick bit of info or even better show some pics of any 23 T coupes hot rodded.
    I see a lot of 25-27's done but no 23-24.
    A buddy of mine has been offered one and we are thinking of what to do with it.
    Thinking they might be a bit of a hard one to do, but hey our hobby never progressed without a few adventurous types right?...hahaha.
    Let see what you can come up with.

2. There really isn't any significant difference between the later (23-27) T coupes. A rodded 23 will look pretty much the same as a rodded 27

3. Your right there isn't too many out there,I did find a center door. HRP 2677006.jpg

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^ That looks like the Pope-mobile prototype for Pius XI? LOL. Gary

5. 117harv

117harv

cfl%20019.jpg 003-14_zps2198b95b.jpg The 23-25 coupes are the same and the 26-27 are the same. The earlier ones have a distinct rear shape, some like it, some dont. Also the doors are 4" narrower than the later, they have a better looking firewall, IMO., also they have much more wood in their construction which scares many away. The quarter window has a different shape on the later as well as a curved windshield opening as oposed to straight lines of the early.

Here is an OUTSTANDING example of an early coupe, it's a HAMBers, I dont remember his user name, and another members later coupe, the differances are visable.