Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1923 t bucket mid 60s built show car

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Movinman, Feb 2, 2018.

1. topher5150

topher5150

Isn't that Jeff Dunham's car

Sent from my XT1710-02 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes it is.

3. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Funny, not until the single carb comment did I even notice the motor. Everything else pulls my eye away. Yeah, a 2nd carb, and or at least a larger scoop to fit the rest of the proportions. Still, Its so damned ugly I think you should just drop it off in my garage and I'll keep it hidden for you.

4. Agreed... In person it is a whole different perspective... friends who only saw in pictures, then in person, all the angles and proportions just work... The whole thing about this car that i am battling is the fact that it is such a time capsule with history that i am digging, and adding to every day. everything on the car is the same as when built in 1965, the cal custom finned scoop, the single smoothed and polished carter carburetor, on the chrome single base with that gear on gear throttle linkage... so im fighting myself when i see little things that could be changed to make a potential improvement...

5. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

It can be hard to do the right thing :D

6. gonzo

gonzo

I dig this thing. It's not your stereotypical classic T Bucket for sure, but it perfectly captures an era and style of build that while not super popular right now, will definitely be appreciated someday. Don't change a thing and thanks for posting it.

7. Movinman

Movinman

We are still looking for original owner/builder information. Someone mentioned Jeff Dunham a while back. Does anyone have more info on this guy? We are assuming it’s not the puppet comedian Jeff Dunham. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. guitarguy

guitarguy

@Movinman , some of the side chatter is confusing you. Jeff Dunham mentioned in post 91, is the puppet comedian who owns the orange coupe in post 86

Movinman likes this.
  9. catdad49

catdad49

This is a great representation of the era. Shine it up and drive it, when you get tired of doing that you can always store it for another 40 years. Enjoy!

10. Movinman

Movinman

@guitarguy Thanks! I appreciate the clarity. I took a left turn when I should have gone straight.

11. Man some of these guys would want different tits on Dolly Parton.

I wouldn't change a bit, it's a time capsule. So what if it looks goofy by today's standards? They all looked a little goofy.

SS327 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I found a picture of the car in a bunch of pictures I bought on eBay. Called the casual t @Movinman

6A7B7BC6-526B-41CF-A833-1E26DC8A576C.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  13. @Moriarity awesome!! great pic, gonna post on the thread I've got going if you dont mind..

Moriarity likes this.
  14. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I love this thing

15. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2020-7-3_14-8-20.png

upload_2020-7-3_14-4-40.png
    SBC fuel pump, LH mounted alternator, regulator in lieu of MC and RHD; flipped image. Angle of pipes masks that 3rd one, it's there but just hidden when viewed from this angle. Cool find, those cowl (Porch) lights are very Munster ish

Attached Files:

16. Here's a wicked cool video we just wrapped up!
    In the video, we reunite Norm Douglas and the Casual T, with the help of Rob Wolfe!

Check it out!

RICH B likes this.
  17. SS327

SS327

Wow! I kinda cried when he got reunited with the T. What a classy move putting the two back together. Too bad the wheels weren’t polished! Now maybe will you polish them?

18. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

PawnShop Dave found this car.

Movinman likes this.