Register now to get rid of these ads!

1923 Dodge Brothers Roadster Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ralph Moore, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

So, I just couldn't pass this one up. It's complete, minus the running gear. And fairly straight with a few patch panels needed. The Fenders, hood and slash aprons are great. It would be a shame to leave them out of the project. Right now I'm looking for ideas, Anyone out there have pics of a rodded 1923 Dodge?

2. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Pics didn't show up on the first try, I'm better at cars than computers.

Attached Files:

3. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Nice, but I think it could lose the top.

4. trad27

trad27

I am not a big fan of the top also. Your car screams full hood, toneu cover, vintage dry lakes car:cool:. just my 2c

5. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Not a bad idea. Add about 300 horses and hang on! This things really light, I'll bet it would definitely scream.

6. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Dude it's way too cold in Alaska for a roadster. You might want to consider the top option.

7. Different. Looks like it'd make a great rod.

8. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Nah, this things going to be bare bones, No heat except for the Flames coming out of the Lake pipes, hence the roadster, I can always stick my hands down on the pipes to warm them up.

9. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

There you go. Have fun with it and keep us posted. It;s nice to see something different.

10. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Awesome project! :cool:

Always good to see another old Dodge! :D

11. north pole ak. that would be pretty cool to drive the alcan hyway during the summer in that dodge with 23 hours of light. killer

12. Great body shape. I instantly thought Isky roadster when i saw it...........

13. noboD

noboD

Roadster DBs are fairly rare. That being said, I like the white or light green underslung DB that was in Street Rodder a few years ago. It had a 440 auto and even used the DB disc wheels. I think the owner died some time ago.

14. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

You wouldn't happen to know what issue that was? I saw the same car and was hoping to look at the article again. As for the power I'm not sure what motor i'll use. I did see a Polysphere in the paper for $200. Don't know much about them though. I'm a flathead guy myself. But it would be cool to keep a Dodge/Chrysler/Desoto engine in a Dodge.

15. noboD

noboD

Don't remember, there's pics here somewhere too. A HAMBer knew the owner.

16. Go Ralph GO!!!!

17. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I don't know you but I officially hate you!I'd kill for a dodge roadster like that.

18. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

230 flathead

Bigcheese327 likes this.
  19. I have a 24 Touring that will get started this winter. Remember these cars had huge wheels on them stock and 15" wheels always look to small. I'm going to run 34 Ford 17" wires. Just food for thought especially if your gonna run fenders the rears have huge openings.

20. OLLIN

OLLIN

Here's me and orphan eddie at last years primer nationals, his is the green dodge

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. onedge

onedge

I can a salt blaster sight. it's got it.

22. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Funnycar65, believe it or not I just stumbled across this while searching for the body I really want, a 30-31 Ford Coupe. I have a 32 frame I've been working on and I am almost ready for a body. My initial thought was to go Glass 32 5W body(since originals are out of my price range), but after looking at several thousand cars I would much rather go steel and the 30-31's are the next logical choice.
    That being said, this car was in such good shape and so complete that I figured I could get it on the road alot quicker.
    Ollin, nice rides, did you use all Ford running gear? The stars must be in alignment for me this week because on the way home yesterday I stopped by the Borough transfer site(dump) and someone left a homemade trailer with a 1940 Ford banjo axle, so I snatched it right up. The drums were missing, but the Hyd brake parts were still on one side.

23. Cirilian

Cirilian

I found these in my stash. This is a '25 roadster. I can't quite remember where the pics came from. I think they're from the street rodder article that was mentioned in a previous post. The article may still be in the archives if you search their site.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. noboD

noboD

Way to go Cirilian, that's it! That thing is killer.

25. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

That's the one!, I forgot that he flipped the entire frame over.

26. OLLIN

OLLIN

Yeah, I met Eddie at the show and we pretty much had the same set up. so we parked next to each other so to check out each others cars..

27. OLLIN

OLLIN

Cool car, but shouldn't the leaf springs be arranged so the smallest one is on top??? It seems like all the weight is going to the one spring this way..

28. Search underslung
    There were several large posts several years ago on this. Good luck I know I can't wait to start building my Dodge Bros.

29. noboD

noboD

If you notice the rear springs are right side up, but the fronts are upside down. I'm not into the superlow cars but I love this one.