Register now to get rid of these ads!

1922 T Bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoronetRTguy, Aug 26, 2013.

1. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

That is awesome! The power of the HAMB once again brings the history. This is by far the best site I have found that if a little know car to most of us is posted there will be someone on the HAMB that knows it.

I dig the original pic of the car.

2. If that's not narrowed, the guy driving is a friggin' ape. I've got decently broad shoulders for a skinny guy and I don't occupy near the real estate he does. Regardless, the 26-27 touring tub is about an inch shorter than the roaster. Big problem with 'fit' on this car is how low the column sits...long legs have a hard time folding up with a stock toe board and low column.

3. chop32

chop32

Thanks for the kind words, we were all very pleased on how the car came out.
    Luckily, many old photos of the car exist. Many hours were spent checking details and scaling dimensions so we could get it right.
    Ill get with Anji and scan some detail pics this weekend.
    In the mean time try and check out the November 2011 issue of Hot Rod Deluxe, they did a great article on the car.
    See below for mag cover.

In the video, Mike the interviewer questioned if people were smaller in stature back then...
    Her grandpa wasn't a large man, maybe 5'8, but there is a photo of him, her grandma and their 3 small daughters all sitting in the car...all with the same style padded upholstery and what looks to be a 17" steering wheel. Still not sure how they did it!

Attached Files:

4. chop32

chop32

Mike is pretty big guy... When we did re-did the car, I also thought the body had been narrowed although I could find no sign of any metal work. I compared the width measurements to a buddies stock 27 roadster body. The firewall is stock width and the screw hole spacing on the dash rail is the same as on a stock body.
    The steering box sits on a pedestal about 8" above the frame so the lower portion of the column doesn't cause a problem, but there is less upward angle on the column which makes thigh to wheel clearance pretty tight.
    The column can be moved up and down and must have been lowered at some point.
    One of the plans is to notch the dashboard and raise the column to be able to run a 15" Bell wheel like the car had in the mid '50's.

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Crazy. I've seen pics of it with that crazy paint job. I used to have that issue of Hot Rod Deluxe. Donated it and a bunch more to the veterans Hospital. Oh well.

6. chop32

chop32

That was the second crazy paint job on the car, It was painted white, with multicolored ribbons before the red in the pictures.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!