Register now to get rid of these ads!

1919 Model T, Will a Model A motor fit?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MedicCustoms, Jan 13, 2011.

1. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

I want to know If my motor out of my A will Fit in my T? or will it be better to put the model T over on the model A running gear...... Just need some input or a good source of infomation on this swap..... thanks For your help.:cool:

2. Just the engine? No. The T has an integral trans. You could, with some work, adapt the A engine and trans to the T driveshaft, but then you'd have a fairly quick T with no brakes, save for the tiny E brakes.
    You can swap out the T running gear for the A stuff with a bunch of, typical, early Ford mods.

3. TERPU

TERPU

Put the T on the A Chasis. The T is a great car but to put just the A motor in it will require the trans also be planted in htere as stated above. then you have a U joint to deal with etc. The T body will fit right on the A and look like an instant Hot Rod.

Good luck and have fun,

Tim

4. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Thanks guys, That helps out alot. I will most likely just put the T runabout over on the A chasis.... it already has a built banger and 34 mech. brakes on it....

5. I used to run a T with an A crank. early hot rod. with a Down draft carb, should make a good time ride.

6. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

7. R Pope

R Pope

Yep, swap the T body on to the A chassis. Use the A rad and shell. You don't want to run the T rear-wheel-brakes-only setup. The T relied on the trans brake, which goes away with the T engine. The T rear brakes are a little better than dragging your feet.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

The T body on the A chassis will be a lot safer. I wonder how the body to frame match looks with the 1919 body, wonder if you may need to narrow it by shortening the center and rear crossmember?

9. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Thanks for all the information.....