Register now to get rid of these ads!

1917 Crow Lakester Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MotorVillain, Jan 6, 2012.

1. I'll be yer Huckleberry;)

Building a real lakester.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=545509&highlight=spirit

My Model A I am on hold to build the above lakester
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610034&highlight=strawshop&showall=1

Smartass car show stuff from my Touring. Built the whole car. Beer is good.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46252&highlight=paint+polishers&showall=1

Don't feel the need to pull out any more of my qualifications. BTW, I love your modified. ;):)

2. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

Well guys, I think they did a great job. It`s fun to drive one on the street but you have to be careful not to get run over by someone trying to get close enough to see what you`re driving. Now all they need is two drunk rich guys to get in a pissin`contest and they might make some serious money.

3. sololobo

sololobo

I have a little problem dogging a build that is very unique. Is the one that the nay sayers built nicer? Oh, they didn't actually build one, I guess then it is o.k. to dog someone elses creative build. sorry, lost my head on this one. Some times keeping an opinion to yourself is the best policy. Troublemaker here. ~sololobo~

4. Just more B-J BS

5. Whatever, it's neater n hell!

6. jpm49c

jpm49c

Sold price after fees $187,000.

7. Someone believed the hype :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. jpm49c

jpm49c

It is not Street legal. You could not register this car. He used a 1917 Crow automobile ID tag, hence the 1917 name. Picture from his web site.

Attached Files:

9. My son Josh works at Master Tool,a machine tool shop there in Cedar Rapids Iowa.... He made several one off custom peices for this car and knows the owners well.....
    He says they are good people and That is good enough for me to like them and their car...... we[theHAMB] sometimes remind me a whole lot of the prick restoro bastards that almost discouraged me in my early hotrod efforts....

10. Jon Lundberg

Jon Lundberg

Seeking information on this creation and guess where the truth was - here! Shoulda known. Thanks guys.

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

It's a neat machine but that seems like crazy money. Good for the builder, I hope he made out.

12. Looks cool, nice fabrication. Enough said.