Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 153 chevy four

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspeedwagon, Oct 1, 2017.

1. I bought the majority of one of these engines today. No rods or pistons though. I've heard it before and the seller mentioned it too that the pistons are the same as for a 283. Funny thing is that I've never heard the "pistons and rods" are 283 units. Anyone know? My guess is yes, the small journal rods will work, but that's my guess.
    Thanks in advance

"If it ain't broke - fix it till it is"

2. Same as a 230, I believe.
    Quite sure you can find that info on the 'net.

fourspeedwagon likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

rods are different than a V8 because there is only one rod on each journal...they are not doubled up like a V8.

According to the Chevy parts book, the same connecting rod was used in all 1962-75 (and probably later?) 153-194-230-250 inline Chevy engines.

Piston is the same as the 230 engine, as he said. Which is indeed the same as a 283.

4. That's a good idea. Maybe someday the HAMB will be on that 'net I've been hearing about lately.

I did a search and found it stated that 230 rods are it and another (here on the hamb) said 283 rods. Hoping to find someone that knows.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Perfect- thanks Squirrel. There's a pretty long Chevy 4 banger thread with bad info posted then

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

6. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca