Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 15" Wheels bullet center caps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captaintaytay, Jun 25, 2015.

1. I would like to put bullet center caps on my Shoebox, but as many of you know they don't make one for the stock 15" wheels on the early ford wheels. I checked out custom steelies and don't want multiple bolt holes for mounting. I believe some Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler 15" wheels have the same bolt pattern 5 - 4 1/2 and wonder if any of you guys are running them with bullets or has anyone found an alternative?
    I could have custom bullets made, but a little to pricey for me. Thanks

2. I have tried finding these caps for oddball sized centre holes with no success.
    The only thing I could come up with as to get the next size down, and fit a machined adaptor
    which is held in by your centre hole in the rim, with a couple of set screws to hold the cap in. You could make it out of aluminum, and polish it to match the bullet.

3. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

Check with Summit, I bought some OEM style chrome reverse wheels for my 40. The picture in the catalogue showed them with a bullet center so I ordered those as well. The bullets were to small for the hole. I called customer service and after some complaining they came up with a set that would fit that weren't in the catalogue. Ask for Bruno in customer service, it wasn't that long ago, he probably would remember helping me. I believe the diameter is 4-1/8? You also might consider a set of spider caps, the base plate should cover most if not all of the hole even if the center is too small.

4. FlatheadFanFromMI

FlatheadFanFromMI

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. The diameter of the wheel center hole 2.65" The smallest bullet I have seen is 2.95", still to big..
    Thought maybe I could somehow modify to fit, without looking hokey. I've racked my brain for a while
    trying to figure something out using my wheels.
    I don't want to machine the wheels for them to fit.
    So I thought maybe going with a different wheel with a bigger center hole.
    Possibly a Plymouth/Dodge 15" wheel. Just have to make sure "offset" is correct..
    Looks like I'll try a bone yard, (what's left of them)
    Spider caps are okay, but just don't like the way they look on my car. (preference)

Apparently from what I have read in the past, just not cost effective and enough demand
    to tool up and manufacture that particular size.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  6. I also saw these hubcaps 15" early Dodge.
    Does anyone know if they will fit Shoebox wheels?

[​IMG]

7. Just not sure if I want to drop $250.00 on those hubcaps and it look stupid.
    Can't seem to find a pic of them anywhere.
    Wondering if it's just too overwhelming to put on my Shoebox.

8. 325w

325w
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from texas

Whose look like aftermarket not Dodge.