Register now to get rid of these ads!

15" Hubcaps, school me and show me please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasolinescream, Dec 4, 2011.

1. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Speaking to a friend last night about wheels etc and i realised i know bugger all about US hubcaps and years/makes etc. Not good when i'm looking for some really.
    Can you folks school me in 15" full hubcaps. They are to be going on my mildly bombed, mid 50's cruiser of sorts . I see so many different types and know nothing. I had an issue getting some to fit my 4" rims but i'm getting my rims widened 2" and off-sets played with a little so hoping to run something a little different next year and eventually get a full hubcap on there. Worse case is i've got some single bar flippers that i could fit. Although they are a nice design etc, the qualty is f**king awful hence looking for alternatives.

Do you run 15" hubcaps? Fancy posting a pic and showing off your hubcaps? Anything from mild to wild but no Moon stuff. I really need some inspiration and knowledge, i should know this stuff really, about time i did some learning. Especially interested in hubcaps that may feature a bullet as standard or have room for the front hub nut to not hit the inside of the hubcap. I'm hoping after having an extra 1 1/2" to play with on the dish of the rim, i should be able to get something decent to fit. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, Dan

2. F&J

F&J

First off, call them wheel covers instead; hubcaps are the small center caps on cheaper models.

Take a look at some early to mid 50s Oldsmobile wheel covers. Those cars had very shallow dished wheels, so the covers did have room for the front grease caps.

3. BigDaddySteamRoller

BigDaddySteamRoller
    from Phila, PA

A good site for identifying hubcaps or wheel covers is www.hubcaps.org

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011

5. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit