Register now to get rid of these ads!

14th annual Road Zombies BBQ, June 13th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnykck, May 3, 2009.

1. Message from Bob James of the Road Lords CC:

After a visit with my uncle, (a decorated viet nam veteran), he brought to my attention the wave of Iraq vets coming home and having to go into the Veterans hospital with major injuries as well as PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder).

He said that all these men and women have is the t.v. and magazines to pass the time. The magazines provided at the hospital are publications like, People, US, and the usual supermarket rags. These are young men with love for cars and motorcycles. Alot of the older vets cant even afford to buy new magazines and thay have to basically take what they can get.

I'm putting this out to everyone that could help by simply donating your old back issues of car and motorcycle magazines to the hospital for these brave young men. You dont have to agree with the government that sent them there but I believe that its very important to support the troops that sacrificed so much. This simple act of kindness and support can make a major difference in these mens lives.

Please contact us http://www.myspace.com/roadlords and we will give an address to send your donation. We will be going to the vets hospital in 2 weeks to drop off whatever we can raise. Thank you very much for your consideration. We can also pick up substantial donations in the bay area to save on shipping.

Respectfully,
    Road Lords C.C.
    Nationwide

I have confirmed that the Road Lords CC will be at the Road Zombies CC BBQ and Car Show this Saturday, June 13 to accept donations between Noon-2pm. If you arrive after 2pm, drop your magazines off with any one of The Bombshells who will be there until 6pm. We will make sure the magazines get to the Road Lords in time for the donation drop off.

Saturday, June 13
    Road Zombies CC BBQ & CAR SHOW
    Santa Clara Elk's Lodge
    1680 Martin Avenue
    Santa Clara, CA

Thanks,
    Rachelle
    [email protected]
    www.thebombshells.net

Please kindly repost this information.

2. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

"I'm putting this out to everyone that could help by simply donating your old back issues of car and motorcycle magazines to the hospital for these brave young men. "

Great idea!!!!!!!!!

B

3. Absolutely! Kuddos to Bob James and the Road Lords CC.

4. lazyv8

lazyv8

ill be there! always wanted to go! damnit now im gonna!

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

sooo....it looks like NOON is a good time to get there huh?

Ill swing through but cant bring a car this year. I am taking my daughter to elmo on ice in san jose that same day. we will come by after elmo....i think ill need it to avoid the looney bin.

6. Its not Elmo on ice...Its Sesame St Live...Elmo's Green Thumb :rolleyes:

I drive my train past the Convention center 8 times a day & see the sign :D

1....hahahahahahaha

2.....hahahahahahahaha

[​IMG]

7. johnnykck

johnnykck

Tomorrow is da day! See ya all there!!!

8. 61TBird

61TBird

HEY!!! That's my Jacket!:D:D:D

9. Nope...not nearly PIMP enough...you gonna wear it tomorrow?

Oh, I corrected your user name again...

10. Mr. Creosote

Mr. Creosote

Can I bring a British car??

11. I think the car show is pre-65... not sure if it's Amercian only.

12. brewsir

brewsir

I haven't been able to make it for a few years....do we bring a side or something still? (or am I showing how long it's been since I got to go??)

13. johnnykck

johnnykck

please, bring a side dish, we're depending on it! We supply the Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, some potatoe salad, condiments, bottled water, the Elks lodge will be selling all other beverages. We also supply the paper plates and silverware, napkins. So what ever you want to bring will be great, salad, dessert, a.s.o.

thanks!!

14. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

whoo boy.....elmos green thumb? good thing theres gonna be a hot rod show afterwards.

thanks for the clarification....ah ah ah. see you guys tomorrow. ill be the guy carrying the elmo balloon.

15. Just confirmed - American pre-65 traditional rods and customs only.

16. tommy v

tommy v

bring it,you can park outside ,there is always cars in the parking lot

17. 61TBird

61TBird

Maybe for the "After Party"...:rolleyes:

My username might have to be changed again after Sunday.I've been offered a '74 Caprice Convertible with a 454 in trade for my Malibu.
    THEN I'll be Pimpin'!!!:D
    Donk City here I come...:eek::eek::eek:

18. johnnykck

johnnykck

You guys on your way yet? See Ya There!!

19. brewsir

brewsir

little damn early isn't it? HaHa! I'm still baking.......(no not getting baked....actually cooking haha)

20. I just got up....was at work till 3.30am...see you guys soon

21. johnnykck

johnnykck

Thanks to every one that came out!!! We had a blast and we hope you guys did also!!!!
    We couldn't do it with out all the guys and gals that come out every year, a big thank you to all the clubs that came out!! Thanks for making it as good a show as it is and thanks for supporting the Road Zombies!!!!!!