Register now to get rid of these ads!

14" Supremes on a '62 Impala (a question)...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by newstranger, Jun 16, 2013.

1. newstranger

newstranger

I'm planning on running 14" Supremes on my 62 Impala and am wondering about width and offset. I'd love to use14x7s, but heard they are too wide to easily run with skirts (which I plan on installing soon!). Anybody with advice on the 14x7 vs 14x6 & standard vs reverse offsets? I love the look of reverse, but don't want clearance headaces! The 62 is lowered with 3" drop coils all around (with plans for bags down the line). THANKS for any/all help!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. 14x7 reversed should fit ok with skirts as long as you don't go with too wide a tire. My 13x7 reversed Daytons fit my wife's 62 with skirts. They are very close. You could always trim a little off the wheel well lip just to be safe. Her car is slammed and we haven't had any issues.

3. newstranger

newstranger

Thanks for the input!

4. newstranger

newstranger

That's it, huh? How about a bump TTT

5. Century

Century

Bump. Similar question - will a 14x7" reversed fit without skirts? What about clearing discs in the front?

6. missysdad1

missysdad1

If y'all are running skirts you don't have to run the same size/offset wheels all the way around. Standard offset in the rear along with deeper offset in the front might solve your problem.

7. Tony

Tony

image.jpg I ran 14x6 standard Cragar's all around on my old 62. I didnt run skirt, but it was bagged and i know skirt's would have cleared easily.
    They were old original wheels so the offset was probably whatever was standard back then.
    Sorry i didnt measure them and no longer own the car.

Also, i had disc's up front and they just cleared.

Tony image.jpg