Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Short Films of the Week: The Bill Cushenbery Story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Short Films of the Week: The Bill Cushenbery Story

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

HEMI32 and lurker mick like this.
  2. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

I remember these times of seeing these works of art on the cover of mags like CAR CRAFT and such. I admired them but we were at the age of thinking we were to mature to still build models or have Hot Wheels and still not enough money or time to get into something this outrageous. Roth, and these guys all had a big influence on us though, just the same. I am glad they did.

3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Bill was quite the visionary and custom car builder. I got to walk in his footsteps when I restored the Car Craft Dream Rod that he originally built for Bob Larivee of Promotions Inc. It was their very first purpose built feature cars

Before I restored it:

dreamrodbefore.jpg

Restored chassis:

dreamrodchassis.jpg
    After:
    dreamroddetroit2.PNG dreamrodout.png

I had a thread here looking for the Exodus 59 Chevy that Bill built for Tony Cardoza back in 61. the word is that it was scrapped in the early 2000's because it was deemed too rusty to restore? anyone know if this is true??
    exodus.jpg exodus2.jpg exodus3.jpg exodus4.jpg

Sancho and lurker mick like this.
  4. SS327

SS327

If it’s true that it was scrapped that is a tragedy. While I do not care for asymmetrical styling each side of his cars would look good as full cars in their own right. He was much better than Barris and ahead of Roth (in my book, sorry Mark) in his far out designs. He was a true metal genius.