Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Shifters: A Hot Rod Revolution

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Shifters: A Hot Rod Revolution

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

AHotRod, mad mikey, Stoner and 6 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Eagerly awaiting the final chapter

mad mikey, Stoner and axle like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for making easier to find here

4. Big Dirty

Big Dirty

Such a great series! Brought back a lot of great memories. I'll never forget The Shifters rolling it to Paso, the wine sipping locals weren't ready! Great job Stoner.

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thank you Jay. Don't know where time went, but it flew by. Episode #4 promises to put a light at the end of the tunnel.

zman, Jim Bouchard, AHotRod and 7 others like this.
  6. Is that Jimmy White wearing a jacket and tire only , nice shot of Hart park BTW. Can't wait until the next ep.

mad mikey, Stoner and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Stoner

Stoner

WOW! Can't thank you, @Jive-Bomber and the rest of the HAMB for the support. As you probably know, it ain't easy impressing this mob I love so much, so it's kinda like when your cool uncle shows up at Thanksgiving and tells you that your colored pencil drawings of his van are cool. You never forget that shit and it shapes you forever...

8. Cincinnati Slim

Cincinnati Slim
    from Cincy, OH

I have been enjoying them and been making me a bit nostalgic. Caused me to pull out my copies of "Garage", "Barracuda" and "Rolls and Pleats" magazines and looking back through them. Can't believe how time has flown by

axle, mad mikey, Stoner and 1 other person like this.
  9. Plowboy

Plowboy

Nice videos! I remember when hot Hot Rod Deluxe came out as well. The resurgence of traditional hot rodding happened because it was cheap. I'm bringing back parachute pants and easter egg hot rods with billet because that is what is cheap now!

10. Stoner

Stoner

Episode 4 – the last episode – drops on YouTube tomorrow morning! You're gonna need to see this...

axle, hrm2k, AHotRod and 4 others like this.
  11. Stoner

Stoner

You would be CORRECT...

axle and mad mikey like this.
  12. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very Kool video, but it made me feel old...... Great history lesson and answered some questions that I've always wanted to know.

axle, mad mikey, Stoner and 1 other person like this.
  13. Stoner

Stoner

Me: Final episode drops tomorrow morning!

Also me: the director's cut full-length feature film will be hitting the film festival circuit this year. It'll have a bunch of additional epicness that the limited series doesn't...

axle, hrm2k, AHotRod and 2 others like this.
  14. Wow very cool..and Dan great job..you were also instrumental in those days..Garage Magazine in your hands was an amazing thing..I discovered it at issue 2 and was hooked…thanks to Ryan, I have issue 1, to complete my set, along with doubles for f others when I find them at swap meets..really miss what you did in the printed format…

Stoner and mad mikey like this.
  15. sshep

sshep
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lol

16. Stoner

Stoner

I got a tweed-lined '39 Chevy 4-door with a moon roof and Budniks for you. But the good news is it's got a stock 307 with $7K of billet accessory pulleys under the hood. And a pull-out Kenwood. No low-ball offers. I know what I got.

Plowboy, Tim, Gambler 1962 and 3 others like this.
  17. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Part 4 is excellent. I watched the credits this time. Written and Directed by Dan Stoner. Holy shit !!! Some of the best done hot rod videos on the net

Congratulations @Stoner .
    Now that your name is in the algorithms on my YouTube channel, I find myself binge watching One Fine Day.

mad mikey, axle and Stoner like this.
  18. Stoner

Stoner

Appreciate you, hrm! And you're from out in the county? Hometown! Also, if you like One Perfect Day, we got another one of those dropping on Tuesday...I think you're gonna dig it...

Tim, hrm2k and mad mikey like this.
  19. Really glad you guys all liked it!!! We worked super hard on this film, and the feature will have extra scenes and all sorts of stuff that we wanted to show you in a full length!

If you guys don't me, I helped produced this show and did all the camera work on it. I'm currently working on the full length, along with a doc on Gene Windfield coming soon!

20. autobilly

autobilly

Part four ties it all up nicely and points to a good future for the club and even the scene.
    @Stoner/@Kojack, will the full length become available for purchase in some format?

axle likes this.
  21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Yes, that's Jimmy White, and he's still considered an honorary member. His initiation was done at the "Orange Circle" in Old Towne Orange, Cal.