Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Vincent '39 by Carrillo Customs

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, May 19, 2022.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Vincent '39 by Carrillo Customs

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

dutch deuce, 36 ROKIT, Tim and 10 others like this.
  2. A Boner

A Boner

Very nice…early (and mild), customs are my favorite!
    A friend is looking to get an A roadster top covered in SE Wisconsin…seems like a dying art, at least around here.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. A lot to like there..classy.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Clearly, they realize that less is more.

5. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW Rolling Metal Art .

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

7. They certainly nailed it; period perfect!
    Is the top mechanism the original factory pieces (chopped), or made from scratch?

8. I just got a call about this post this morning. Just want to say thank you.
    As for a run down on the build. Yes, less is more, is the ticket in my opinion. The customers wanted a heavy chop with a top that still folded, and that’s what they got. Some pieces were made from scratch to achieve it. Reshaping the side window frames is what really pulls it all together...Then it was disassembled and chrome plated and re assembled with custom polished stainless fasteners.

I handmade one off custom skirts to fit the Merc rear fenders. 39 studebaker taillights, sucked in stock bumpers, trunk handle delete with custom Hollywood lic. Plate mount, using stock trunk mount holes. (Trunk latch is now cable operated). Appleton 112s by poly king. Flat rear crossmember, custom frame notch, new raised rear floor with hinged rear access panel to access rear suspension. Raised torque tube tunnel. Dropped axle up front. Lyons full caps with my personal favorite, 6.50s - 4” white walls.

Custom fabrication/re-style by - Carrillo customs
    finish body/Paint blend in by - c/s customs
    Spot light restoration by - poly king
    Soon to be new top and Upolstery by the one and only master of his craft, Tom sewell.

Lowtech, 40two, Chili Phil and 4 others like this.
  9. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

Josh is a great guy, good friend, and an amazing car builder! I’m always proud when I see thd things he is doing:)

10. Uribe

Uribe

Any chane we will see this car at west coast customs show in santa maria this coming weekend?