Register now to get rid of these ads!

*#* 1243 is the order for the Dec 2013 Banger Meet*#*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crazydaddyo, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Several years ago a writer of model A technical posts made a study of the model A 2 blade fan and said the problem was a matter of harmonics. I don't remember all of the figures and formulas used but he found that by shortening the blades by 2" on a side the destructive harmonics were moved up way past the higher RPM's that the A motor operated at while still flowing enough air to cool the engine at lower speeds. I have a shortened 2 blade on my Riley 2 port in my 29 RPU and I had to install a thermostat to get it to operating temp which is summertime temp line on my Motometer.

2. Parts show up on ebay on rare occasions some of the points and rotors are available new from Summit and Jegs. The stuff on ebay will surprise you as to price I bought a cap for $45 dollars and the week before one went for close to $200, Same cap!
    I personally go for the model B distributor now, most parts are available from Renners plus a shaft rebuilding service. A lot of the B distributors don't have the oil hole drilled through. I have read that Ford didn't drill a lot of them although I find that hard to believe.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  3. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

4. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

coupe skirt.JPG
    still here .

5. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

question for the well informed .
    when putting the flywheel housing on the back of the block , does anyone put a film of lub on the cam ? so as not to stick to gasket .

6. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

You mean a couple years ago?

7. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

I blew that jim . found the 2015 dec .............. can't get anything passed you . hows the snow ??