Register now to get rid of these ads!

Doc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Doc.

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. twenty8

twenty8

I'm on the other side of the world and I did not know Doc, but after reading that, I sure wish I had............

3. loudbang

loudbang

4. Thanks for posting, Ryan. Not only is this a loss for you on a personal level, but a loss to the world in general as we have lost someone who simply made the world a better place by being here. Rest in peace, Doc.

rbrewer, 48fordnut, Stogy and 13 others like this.

5. Genuine people like Doc are rare in this world. Glad you got to know such a good guy.

DeVille Gal, Stogy, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Dammit man.... I never met Doc, but I knew he was a good guy... Rest In Peace.....

Stogy, Lil32, chevy57dude and 11 others like this.
  7. Deuces

Deuces

8. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the perspective..Sorry for your loss.

Stogy, Lil32, williebill and 2 others like this.
  9. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Sad to see those who influenced us positively pass. My condolences to his family and friends.

Nostrebor, Stogy, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The goodness in his heart defined him.
    The impression I get is his joy was helping others.
    Cool Dude.

May Doc rest in peace.

Stogy, Lil32, chevy57dude and 6 others like this.
  11. We can all learn a lesson here. Try our best to be better human beings.

12. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My condolences in the loss of your friend.

Stogy, Lil32, chevy57dude and 2 others like this.
  13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice tribute. RIP Doc.

Nostrebor, Stogy, Lil32 and 4 others like this.
  14. engine138

engine138
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Commack NY

Great Post for a great man
    Godspeed Doc

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    Stogy, Lil32, chevy57dude and 2 others like this.
  15. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Oh man. He was a good one. Loved that guy!

Lil32, AHotRod, kidcampbell71 and 4 others like this.
  16. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

I’m better for knowing him… what a loss. RIP Doc

Lil32, warbird1, AHotRod and 7 others like this.
  17. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Take those lessons you learned from him and apply it to your daily life.

tractorguy, 48fordnut, drdave and 7 others like this.
  18. brady1929

brady1929

Never heard of him, but the world needs more people just like him. RIP Doc.

ratrodrodder, Lil32, Blues4U and 3 others like this.
  19. The man had a big heart and dedicated his life to helping others, mine was no isolated case, and now that he has left this world I can share this story.

Some of you may remember the accident I had in in 2016 when I tripped helping a pal and crushed my right shoulder, Seadog posted a thread informing the Hamb as to the mishap.

It was also reported that due to the nature of the surgery I would have to wait almost 3 weeks before the orthopedic surgeon could preform the operation.

While waiting at home I got a phone call from DOC. he ask me who was the surgeon and he told be he would call him and see what was his plan and get back with me, I was stunned I had never met DOC. and for the life of me don't know how he got my number, but a couple of days later he called me again and walked me through what the procedures are for this type of surgery, he also went on to say if I didn't want to wait on the surgeon here, Brenda & I were more than welcome to come to Shreveport and stay with him and he would arrange surgery there and assist in the surgery, I was completely blows away by his offer.

I thanked him from the bottom of my heart but I knew how bad I hurt just riding the few miles from our home to the hospital and the 700 mile ride would be unbearable.

All this came out of the blue, DOC. only knew me from the Hamb but he reached out and offered both his professional assistance and a place to stay if I decided to have the surgery in Shreveport.
    The Hamb has lost a member that was a true professional in his chosen career and content to be a hot rodder like the rest of us in his off time.

God bless you DOC. my heart goes out to all your many friends, family and colleagues. HRP

20. catdad49

catdad49

Two Great perspectives of a fellow known as Doc and I’d be willing to bet there are many more stories involving this Man and the ones he touched. It makes me feel better to know that people of such Great Stature are still among us! The World has Definitely lost a Good one, so I am going to Better Myself to Honor His Memory, who’s with me?

21. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Ryan- thanks for telling the story. I will never forget that trip, which was only the first time I was the recipient of Doc’s generosity. As a practitioner, a hotrodder, and a human, Doc enjoyed nothing more than helping people in need. He has definitely impacted my life in more ways than one. Doc has been a pillar in the Hotrod scene and the H.A.M.B. community - this is a big loss. Rest In Peace, Doc.

22. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great guy.......

23. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man, I just can’t bring myself to click like on that.

I have a feeling a lot of those story’s are going to start popping up.

so here’s mine.

like most of you I only knew Doc on the hamb. But when I was in college, out of funds and trying to sell original art and prints I’d had made down the street to cover tuition and rent Docs name appeared.

He bought probably a dozen originals, he had stuff commissioned, he sent me dozens of developed film photos of his cars and I did a massive 4x8 foot panel for him that covered my ass in a big way.

and he would send me photos of the room they were proudly framed and displayed in.

that made a massive difference in both me being able to finish school but also in my confidence to stay the course.

it’s been probably 17 years now and I’ve yet to hear a single ill word spoken of him, and I don’t think I ever will.

cheers to Doc.

24. Fordors

Fordors

Not knowing just who “Doc” was I searched the Member List and found dozens of listings. After hearing the true worth of the man described by Ryan I wanted to see who this guy was but in reality that doesn’t matter.
    Knowing how he quietly spent his days living exactly how we all should is enough for me. You can be a doctor, truck driver, CEO, educator, machinist, ditch digger or whatever but the most important thing is how you treat and respect others.
    Godspeed Doc.

25. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I wasn't ready to read this.

I haven't seen Doc in a long while. I haven't seen a lot of you in a while.

Doc helped me out once. He was amazing, unassuming, and just a genuine good person.

RIP buddy.

pitman, Lil32, Baumi and 7 others like this.
  26. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Wow, not sure I ever met the guy or encountered him on here, but now I wish I would have. sounds like a genuinely great guy

ratrodrodder and Lil32 like this.
  27. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @Ryan for sharing that story, its appreciated.

You really have to appreciate a person, that had the skills to help heal, and the wherewithal and resources to help people on a variety of levels, that most of us will never, ever be able to duplicate. Indeed, the world is a better place for having a person like " Doc ", to be there when people needed specialized help that, that he could provide ! It appears that the man, really knew the importance how to give of himself, to others that were in need !

Lil32, chevy57dude and lothiandon1940 like this.
  28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Damn.. what a fine gentleman and a consummate Hotrodder.... Rest easy Doc..... Such a nice man.

29. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Great stories! Sound's like an Amazing Brother... God Speed "Doc"

Lil32, dana barlow and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  30. An amazing human, giving rather than taking. I didn’t know him from anybody, but he was one of this group’s most outstanding individuals. Seems like he was always helping other folks, even giving away stuff to those needing the parts.
    Rest In Peace, Doctor. You have certainly earned it.

Hamtown Al, Lil32, AHotRod and 2 others like this.