Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1200 miles in a 34 5 window, LARS Pics!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51farmtruck, Jun 20, 2011.

1. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

My buddy Tanner (T_Wood_08 here on the hamb) and I made a trip down to pomona to pick up his newly acquired bitchin channeled 34 5 window this weekend. He bought it on Ebay. We flew down thursday night and got in around midnight. The next morning the car showed up at our hotel and off we went to the Pomona fairgrounds. Here we are two 19 and 21 year old kids driving a 60's hot rod to the biggest hot rod swap meet and car show around. Then turning around and making a 1200 mile one way trip back home before monday to open a paint store. We got used to the car real fast, driving in the most hectic environment that is Californias freeways and driving styles. We had an absolute blast and it is something we will remember forever. Sam

2. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Pictures and videos are loading as we speak. They will be coming soon.

3. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Heres the car as it pulled up to the hotel. Its a neat old hot rod. Old chrome dropped ford axle, homemade hairpins, and the rest of the front end. Chrome window mouldings. Cool old paint and nice body. Its just a neat ass old car that needs some things changed to make it really cool. Sam

Attached Files:

4. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I was talking to Rick Barakat on Saturday and he mentioned you guys. You sure made an impression on him. It doesn't sound like you had any problems on the way home. Good luck with the coupe. It looks like a good one.

5. I am sooooo jealous! My 5 window is STILL under construction at my buddy's body shop but it's getting close...and we're stepping up work on it from one night a week to 2 nights to get the sumbitch done.
    Some shots of the trip would be cool.

Attached Files:

6. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

Good for you I'll bet that was a blast you won't ever forget. gotta get me a 5 window ,i'm always on the look out for one but never have any look finding one.

Great stuff..

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I saw that car on ebay, looks like he got it for a pretty decent price too. COol!

8. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Oh wow that is so cool to hear. Meeting Rick was one of my favorite things that happened this weekend. I don't think he knows how much that sedan inspired me. Listening to all his old stories was just completely awesome. And to cap it all off when we were talking to rick, Jim "Jake" Jacobs was doing burnout in his chevy van with americans in the middle of the swap. Sam

9. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

We saw a shit ton of Hamb'ers rigs, but were so mesmerized by everything going on and we were only there friday, we didn't talk to anyone. We did meet Brian Bass and that was very very cool. Sam

10. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Entering the swap meet!

Attached Files:

11. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Inside the swap meet

Attached Files:

12. Damn! That's a bitchin' coupe.

13. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I love road trips!!

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Sam: It was a pleasure meeting you and Tanner at LARS. You guys are the future of Hot Rodding! Your road trip reminded me of my first trip which was to Andy's Picnic in S.F. for my 21st b-day. I had just finished my first '34 5 window. What a blast being around all the legends of those days. I look forward to running into you both again. The future is in good hands.
    Best regards,
    Rick

15. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

Here is some videos with more to come.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  16. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Some More...

Attached Files:

17. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

18. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

The next time you boys go on a 1200 mile trip in an old hot rod, call home a little more often!!! DAD

19. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool 5-winder you got there

20. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Very cool. You're livin' right.

21. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

What a great freakin adventure. Great way to start out your life with the coupe. I have done a few 4K, two week road trips in my 34 5 window & loved every minute.
    Your roof insert is a lot like the one I had for some time when she first got on the road,26 + years ago. It kept out most of the crap. Just got the trailer hitch installed last night & can now tow the Mullins to Pueblo in a couple days.

22. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats, sweet hot rod

23. Awesome.:D

24. outlaw256

outlaw256

looks like you 2 young guns are starting life off right.ive wanted a old coupe, sedan hell any make i dont care, for years but i got a yard full of 50s and 60s.instead good score guys,now enjoy that cool ass car!!!!

25. Looks like a great time! Car looks bitchin, you guys gonna have it at Billetproof this weekend?

26. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

No we are going to the Apple Run thats down at confluence park in Wenatchee.

Here is another video.

27. How did those hose clamps hold up? Looks like a fun trip. Congrats!

28. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

29. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Hose clamps? What a great idea for a temporary fix. You guys are way wiser than your years!

30. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

The hose clamps worked great! It was a quick and easy fix to at least get us home!