Register now to get rid of these ads!

12 spoke spindle mount rims

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by old wood 51, Dec 17, 2009.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I have a question I hope somebody can answer for me. Who made the 12 spoke front rim ? I've seen them on a few model A's, that have a drag car look, are they rare? or just uncommon? the reason I'm asking is I found some that look like that, but I don't see any markings on them to tell me if their what I think they are. the rims are 18""x4" 12 spoke spindle mount,they have B.F. silvertown tires on them. the guy who has them dosen't know what they are, just there on really old heavy duty wheel barrows he's had for many years, He told me I could have them, but I gotta take all the wheelbarrows, there are 3, each one has 2 wheels.
    Thanks,
    Brian.

2. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

I know American Racing made them. Not sure if anyone else did.
    The last pair I had I advertised in Hemmings motor news (around 1989)
    and Don Garlits bought them. I thought it was a joke but it was him. Sent them down to his museum in Fla. Anyway, if I remember, they didn't have a name on them either but they were Americans.

3. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I seriously doubt some old manure carts are rolling on magnesium 12 spokes. If so, it would make for one heck of a story.

If their steel, definitely not. On the other hand, if their green and look anything like this:

American
    P9170116.jpg

Or this.

Creitz
    Creitz_16.jpg

Take some pictures.

4. My 12-spokes say "AMERICAN RACING", "SAN FRANCISCO CALIF", and "SERIES 300 D.S." on the outside of three spokes. The lettering looks like it was done like back in the old days, with Dymo labeling tape laid on top of the patterns.
    Mine are for Willys spindles. Anybody want to trade a pair that fit Ford spindles for them?