Register now to get rid of these ads!

11th Annual HAMB Drags Reality Check

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by MoKanMan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

OK gang, looking forward as most of you are, to the up coming drags here at the ‘Kan.

BUT, I want to make sure that everyone who plans to go down the drag strip understands that what you are about to do is dangerous, and that you have the GONADS to except the consequences if you crash. You can be hurt real bad, or you can be killed.

It's called racing folks, and it is dangerous. We do our best to keep the track clean, dry and free of junk. But since we are human, we may miss something. So keep in mind when you turn the stage bulbs on, you are saying you accept the track AS IS. You are also saying you have no problem racing along side whoever is in the other lane.

We will check each car for our minimum safety requirements, which you can view here;

http://www.mokandragway.com/rules/safety.html

ALSO roadsters will need a roll bar!

Stick shifts need an approved scatter shield.

Pay close attention to the first paragraph;

Drag racing is a dangerous sport that can result in serious injury or death. Participation in all aspects of the sport is voluntary. The ultimate responsibility for participant and vehicle lies with the participant, vehicle owner, driver and crew members.

Track prep;
    We will do a normal track prep, which includes spraying VHT to the 1/8 mile. If your car needs more than that, maybe you should be running NHRA National events.

With the number of street tires that will be on the track, and the heat, I don’t think we will see the best track of the year. But again, if you need more traction than we can provide, maybe YOU should change something!

Insurance company is coming down hard on pit vehicles. If you bring one use your head when driving. We are not operating an ATV park! NO kids on ANYTHING with wheels.

New deal on the sign in. You will only need to sign if you are racing or going to the starting line with a car. You will sign in at a to be announced location and get a resricted area wrist band.

OK guys and gals, sorry about the negative tone, but this needed said.

Other questions about tech, fire away!

2. ryno

ryno

Thanks carl.

3. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

thanks Carl!!! You and your crew always shine at the HAMB drags.

Tom T

4. raven

raven

Will driver sign in be at the tower?
    r

5. Thanks Carl. The old man and I will come chat with ya when we get there.

Hiltons

6. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Cool. Driver sign in at bottom of the tower.

7. Can't wait! Thanks for putting up with us Carl. :)

8. Dangileri

Dangileri

Dumb question, but my manual stock buick only has a very thin flywheel shield- is this allowed?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. 59ratgasser

59ratgasser
    from BFE,kansas

Our street driven gasser doesn't have a scattershield.. I looked at mokans site safety regulations.. It stated Manual shift cars with solid lifter cams require approved scattershield. . Our motor is Hydraulic lifters..

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

will have chassis cert and license by then.

11. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Ok, this will be our first year at the HAMB drags. Some tracks check dates on 5 point harness and require they be 2 years old or newer. Mine are currently 3 years old. Will this be an issue? Didnt see it on the safety rules but would like to know for sure! Thanks![​IMG]

12. MoKanMan

MoKanMan
    from Joplin, MO

Belts should be OK if they look to be in good shape. Have you thought about a helmet bar for that cage? What trans are you running?

13. Rusty

Rusty

Do street car have to have scatter shield?

14. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

got my chassis cert and license.

MoKanMan likes this.
  15. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

Running a powerglide trans. We have run this car at several tracks and not had an issue with the cage. Will it be a problem at Mokan?

16. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Carl. Wished we could be there. You guys always do a great job. No better place in the world for the HAMB Drags than "Smok'in MO-KAN!" I sold the Model "A" and didn't get the Austin finished in time. See you next year!

MoKanMan likes this.