Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Hot Rod Virus

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Hot Rod Virus

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. squirrel

squirrel

Sounds like a plan. Thanks

papadaddio and 40two like this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey JB,
    Don't forget to use your waterless hand cleaner (Purell) that is non existent everywhere... HA!

Jnaki
    It would be a good time to clean out and clean up the garage while anyone is out there working or thinking about working... then just sit back and enjoy your surroundings.

What a virus we have been infected with all of these years... !!! There is hope for everyone working from home...especially, students.

lumpy 63, 40two and kidcampbell71 like this.
  4. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

We aren't quite there yet out here but I think next week may be a different story. A lot of companies in Boston have started or are preparing for their employees to WFH (work from home). My company has not followed that example quite as quickly, but I am already set up for it. I will totally not mind bringing my laptop out to the garage with me even if I just end up sitting in my car while I do my day-job work. Silver lining in some spooky times I guess.

I've been making a point of visiting restaurants, businesses, and venues I love and making sure I tip the servers well. People and Businesses in the service/hospitality industry are pretty vulnerable in a situation like this as far as exposure and financial impact go and I value their contribution to my community.

5. alchemy

alchemy

Does Go-Jo work as good as Purrell?

6. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

As I understand the information I have been presented with, soap and water is in fact preferable for breaking down and killing viruses on your hands.

kidcampbell71, Stogy and eddie1 like this.
  7. As that picture shows: proper vacuum pressure cures all ailments...

8. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

That'll work fine here .. have to put all the stuff away that I accumulated the past 6 years at a machine shop. Now all I need is a place to put it.

LOST ANGEL likes this.
  9. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ve already stocked up on beer , sheetmetal, Corgon,beer, The Clutch, Airbourne,beer, carb rebuild kits and beer to keep me busy for two weeks in case they put me into quarataine (sp?). I won´t get bored , that´s for sure.

cktasto, lumpy 63, LOST ANGEL and 8 others like this.
  10. catdad49

catdad49

When retired it is Easy to limit your contact with outside elements. Now, as long as they don't require everyone (of us) to be cured of "our" disease, Life Is Good!

11. williebill

williebill

Not too worried. I can wash up with lacquer thinner, mineral spirits, acetone, Windex. That's before I get to the GoJo, or regular soap. I've washed my hands with Windex for years at work.
    Plus I've got a new excuse when the g/f wants to go someplace with a lot of people.
    Being an anti-social bastard helps, too.

12. Richard Head

Richard Head

From my house I can literally see the hospital that diagnosed the first person in the US with covid-19, granted its 5 miles away, its still a little too close for comfort. Fortunately I work from home, in my shop and seldom leave. On days when I am trying to get stuff done, with no distractions, I leave my truck blocking the driveway up by the street, to deter visitors. I think I am just going to conveniently "lose my keys", until this shit sorts itself out. My wife is a high school teacher, so if I do get sick, its usually her fault. Local school districts have been dropping like flies, but hers has had no reported cases so far. I think they are going to shut down next week and extend Spring break a couple of weeks, just to try avoid an outbreak.

There are some benefits to this virus though. I wanted to see The Rise of Skywalker before it went to DVD. We were the only two people in the theater. If you absolutely have to go anywhere, there is little traffic. I enjoy skiing, and sick people generally avoid the cold. We get parking spots right by the chairlift and ski all day with no lines or idiots crashing into you while they are trying to take videos of themselves.

Dave

13. same up here, Baumi! for now i have a long weekend, will close my shop door behind me, some good music, beer, turning some screws and clean up the shop. Cheers ! Carsten

kidcampbell71, Stogy and Baumi like this.
  14. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    Go Jo Corporation was developed in 1946. By the time 1988 rolled around, they developed Purell Hand Sanitizers. So now, the popularity of Purell is well known. The history of the funny name company is also becoming well known.

The local stores including grocery stores are all sold out of Purell products. There is no reason to panic as the idea of washing your hands is obvious, use another method to wash your hands. Surface contact of any virus lasts longer on direct contact surfaces... (CDC)

Jnaki

15. bchctybob

bchctybob

Finally my hermit tendencies become acceptable.
    I’m getting my own smart tv and a dedicated internet line installed in my shop so I can stream NHRA tv and stuff without my wife and daughters Netflix bingeing kicking me off. I just filled all the welding tanks, I’m stocked up on canned chili and hot dogs. I think I’m ready. I’ve got a ‘28 roadster and a ‘33 pu that deserve more of my attention than they’ve been getting.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. investing in Italian baby food and diapers now....

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Roothawg

Roothawg

I keep hoping they will shut us down. I'll go into hermit mode and get a bunch of crap done.

18. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

Don't worry, As soon as the election is over You will not hear anymore about the "Corona Virus". Do you all remember Ebola? How about Swine Flu? Every election year they come up with a new one to scare the hell out of everyone. So far there have been like 20 people in the US die of this "Sky is falling Virus" And 167 people so far have died from the Flu. My wife is a Supervisor in a huge Hospital in kansas city. And like always the media is making more out of this than it is.

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Virus schmirus. There's a deeper plan in this shit somewhere, but it makes 'our' plans so much more fun. You nailed it 'bomber, personal time with the cars. Silver lining time too, with all the latest ideal of "...nobody wants these cars..." we're even more removed from the masses, right?

I sincerely hope that the brothers and sisters of the HAMB stay well but I haven't been bitten by the panic bug yet, even though I'm sure we should remain aware. Oh yeah, I wash my dirty hooks with Dawn. Talk about clean...:eek:

Kan Kustom, arkiehotrods and Roothawg like this.
  20. Yea, I would be good with just hanging out in the garage and getting some stuff done. I have two pickups to build this year so avoiding folks and events could actually help with that goal.

This isn't saying that I agree with the scare...just that I have a lot to do that I need to focus on anyway. :D

Kan Kustom and Roothawg like this.
  21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

May you and your familys all be well and get through this...and to any with it may you not be hit with all the severity it can throw at you...

22. Look for me at the next event..

bubble_boy.jpg

Stogy, VA HAMB, Kan Kustom and 10 others like this.
  23. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

I took your advise and changed the oil and cleaned the inside fenders of my 32" five window so I could go for my first ride this year.

Lil32 and Just Gary like this.
  24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's my plan, lots of time in the shop, a couple honey-doo's in the house, and hopefully this thing blows over before too long. I'm sure it's going to last more than a couple weeks though. This crap doesn't appear to be a "seasonal" virus like the flu is.

Just Gary likes this.
  25. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

That’s the way to go places in these trying times

26. 392

I totally agree. Enjoy during strange times. More or less veg out on ride. Good thread at the right time.

27. Davkin

Davkin
    from SLC, Utah

Luckily (for several reasons) I quit my job to take a shot at self employment in December so I don't have to go anywhere except the post office and grocery store. I don't have a garage or car project however, I do have hobbies to while away the time in solitude.

28. hotrodlane

hotrodlane

If anyone is interested I have a full box of 20 face mask, 12 rolls (well 11 full rolls and one roll that is slightly used) of 2 ply toilet paper and a almost full bottle of hand cleaner. Looking to trade for a 32 3 window coupe. Don't try to low ball me as I know what I have.:D:D:D

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  29. I will finish the coupe up for the season, only have a few little things to do. That virus could not live near this hot rod when it is fired off and running on alcohol .:D

Just Gary and williebill like this.
  30. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

This reminds me, got to go get more welding gas and more beer.

Lil32, Baumi, 40two and 2 others like this.