Register now to get rid of these ads!

Spring Cleaning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Spring Cleaning

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

loudbang, Lepus, 63fdsnr and 8 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I might or might not update this thread through my day... but how about this?

Its my helmet from the 92/93 season featuring a red river theme and only relevant here because of who painted it.

Fun fact... I broke my neck wearing this thing.

Attached Files:

Tman, loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 7 others like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

cool problem to have, sorting through and figuring out where to put a bunch of really bitchin things.....Trouble is and it happens to me when I do projects like this is you spend as much time looking at the stuff and daydreaming about it as you do working. So it takes twice as long....not all bad in reality. Until a month from now when you are looking for something and the first place you look is where you knew it was for 10 years and not the new place (wherever that is) have fun

4. Saw the IG vid of you flipping through the portfolio and thought you should have it printed and sell copies.
    Kind of a visual history of the HAMB/Atomic Industry.... I remembered all that stuff!

drdave likes this.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Longboard built by me, rob fortier, and Anthony Castaneda... later striped by Kevin Lee.

Attached Files:

Tman, loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  6. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have that Conder 1-Wrench hanging in my garage. So cool.

loudbang and Just Gary like this.
  8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I begged Conder for the original for years... Then, about 15 years ago... It randomly showed up in the mail. It's small, covered in overspray from his paint booth, has notes on the back... and is absolutely perfect. I framed it immediately.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Speaking of norwell... here’s my favorite Norwell of all time and a stack of tubes full of his work that is headed to the frame shop.

BTW, both those addresses are old... So have at it.

Attached Files:

10. Great stuff!..

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. I'm afraid if there is a flat surface things will accumulate. HRP

loudbang likes this.
  12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

All those tables you see in the studio are my event tables. I set them up as I'm emptying the server room which is the door on the right... I wanna sweep and mop those floors, organize the wiring a little better to the servers, clean things up, and then move my library in there as well.

That room is super well temp controlled and I figured it's a better environment for my old magazine collection, photos, etc...

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Love the post and the continued additions in the thread.

Mark hit the nail on the head with it taking much longer to get threw

loudbang likes this.
  14. louisb

louisb

We recently moved from our old house of 15 years and I had to clean out the 2 car garage/shop. Took six truck loads of stuff to the dump and I still can't fit all my stuff into the new 2 car garage/shop.

--louis

loudbang likes this.
  15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Pretty amazing granite carving that Robin did.

Attached Files:

alanp561, Tman, loudbang and 8 others like this.
  16. the-rodster

the-rodster

I have that same CD set, the cover is better than the songs.

Rich

loudbang likes this.
  17. 5window

5window

I think what you have is disorganization. There's way to little stuff to consider it a "mess", but please keep trying. It's cool stuff.

loudbang likes this.
  18. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Chomp on the bit and you get through it.:) I go through this everyday in my garage. Make a start on it and then the wife wants to store her stuff out there.:oops::oops::oops:

loudbang likes this.
  19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My new library is starting to take shape. Another two of these converted racks and I can move on to shipping supplies. Horray!

Attached Files:

20. NoSurf

NoSurf

Hamber Guiseart did the carving. I called and got permission to use the photo from the guy at the KC Star. ;):)

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Coonan’s life work fits on one shelf!

Only on the bottom due to weight. Promise Steve.

Attached Files:

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Why on earth did I think Robin did this after all these years? I literally see this thing every day.

Thanks for the correction!

23. Been a looooooooonnnnng time since I've read the Jalopy Journal and the HAMB on Internet Explorer...

Kool stuff!! Makes me wanna go through my pile....except my work space is a big enough dump as it is without dragging out more stuff to sort through. Tripped over a bell housing from @Tim the other day and broke a rib. LOL

24. NoSurf

NoSurf

Anytime Boss. :)

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Why was the car in the star? @NoSurf ?

loudbang likes this.
  26. The cool thing is when you run out of space .. that little room nook .. that you use for a studio attic space .. makes a great "tie in" point for a simple loft addition.

Looks like you'd have the headroom depending on the loft footprint into your ceiling's pitch. Cheap construction, too .. dependent on materials & city you live in's overreach.

Cool collection you have. Totally art.

loudbang likes this.
  27. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Who was the dude who made the first Hamb Tag Toppers?.. He was from the Montreal area.. totally into those little bicycles. with engines.... I think he was a designer or engineer..... So many years ago....

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It will come to me... I have both toppers... and they are really, really well made. Some of the best sand casting I've ever seen. And he did it from home...

Whizzerick!

chryslerfan55, Tman, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  29. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

one of those ya gotta do what ya gotta do - sometimes it takes a major incident to get us doing what we should've done before - usually from place to another place is the motivator - I have found some quality furniture/shelving on craigslist Free section - set up a section of room for a spot to put a good chair to relax a bit and put some of the smaller items on shelves, etc there to help get the needed inspiration juices flowing at times - painting a wall a different color than others helps to change the whole look too

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  30. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-2-24_16-28-27.png
    Hello,
    Wow, nice and neat library. Very organized. Now, the question is, "What to do when an emergency arises in the warehouse or building for evacuation?" I am sure those books have all had the scan and copies sent to the on/off site external hard drives for safety. It would be a hard choice to carry those files out, when there are other items just as needy. Pay some computer literate, local teen to come in and scan all of the pages to those drives. That would save a lot of time and energy on your part. The teen makes some money and you are assured the files are safe.

When I got on this kick of scanning all photos, movies, written files and important papers to external solid state hard drives, my son's photo albums looked like your hard shell books. They were all neat and orderly, but it was going to be a bear to carry them all out. So, we told him our granddaughter is the number one choice over the 20 bound photo albums. A loss if it ever happened, but we had to make priorities.

Jnaki
    Organization and safety is the root of all hard running businesses/offices/home offices...

chryslerfan55 likes this.