Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Old Bonneville Footage= Guess the year

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Old Bonneville Footage= Guess the year

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. Judging by the Mustang, the side trim usually seen in '65 and '66 is noticeably missing, so I'm guess ihe car is a '64 or '64 1/2.

I saw a El Camino, with it moving it's difficult to say what year the truck is, but that body style was manufactured from '64 to '67, but who's to say it my have been filmed later. HRP

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  3. I'm in the '64-'67 time also.Thanks for the film.

4. From the pictures posted on an earlier Bonneville thread it appears to be '64. I tried to copy the link but for some reason it doesn't let me paste it.

One of the Mustangs looks like Karol Millers and he only ran it in '64 I think.

5. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

This, to me, seems to be a bunch of their (Mobil Oil) raw footage that was put together as a pre-production review. Looks like it was shot in 16mm with the sound being recorded on a different system which was added later. Nice print, and a large production crew to film it...

6. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I don't know what year Noel Black was killed in the B&N streamliner but the B&N Automotive T modified roadster can easily be seen in the opening shot which was on the cover of MODERN ROD Jan. '65. so it's at least after that.
    [​IMG]

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Speed Gems gave the best clue for figuring out exactly what year it was done. The details on some of the cars that ran every year and the possibly small but distinct year to year changes such as paint, lettering style or even the decals and their placement.

Speed Gems likes this.
  8. The El Camino push car near the beginning appears to be a 1966 model.

9. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

From some of the support cars and trucks I'd guess late 60's or so.

10. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Mid sixty's for sure Boy sure wish the salt was still like that!

ffr1222k likes this.
  11. Pretty sure I seen a couple 66 Elco's, maybe the same one twice.
    My guess is 1966

12. Tickety Boo

Tickety Boo
    from Wisconsin

1967, because of the white Mustang

13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I believe the El Camino to be a 64.

36 ROKIT likes this.
  14. Pretty sure it's '66.

15. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I did a search on here for Noel Black and found he was killed in 1970 so that doesn't do us any good.

Sent from my 9024W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I found a link to some pictures of the restored modified roadster, It looks like the air scoop has been changed to an Enderle bug catcher style from the Halibrand scoop. Anybody know when/if this was changed? Unless the restoration isn't completly accurate.:( Monty Wolf is the moderator of the B&N Automotive Facebook page. He goes by @drofrockology here. He might be able too shed some light on when this was done. \https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum...ville-car-pictures.287039/page-9#post-6362364

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  17. loudbang

loudbang

I have posted photos of some of the cars and remember the corvair with the trumpet exhaust and they were from the 1966 meet.

Stogy, Speed Gems and uncleandy 65 like this.
  18. Liberty Garage

Liberty Garage

The lakester number 502 was built by Ralph Lynde and first ran in 1964. The mid sixties seem to be the best guess.

19. A Boner

A Boner

Were the back up runs being made in the opposite direction? What year did that change?

20. alchemy

alchemy

The Elco was definitely a 64, and the front of the other Chevelle/Elco is also a 64. We know the Mustangs were late 64, so it could be 1964. Anyone see any racer numbers to positively place it 65 or later?

21. redo32

redo32

I would like to hear that Corvair. My sister had one that had twin glasspacks on it, you could hear her coming for blocks. I got to drive it when I had my learners permit, which would have been in 1964.

22. Just thinking out loud, if the newest cars in question can be nailed down to 1964, that really doesn't mean the film could have be later than that, again just thinking out loud. HRP