Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Thing About the Bayou Round Up...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Thing About the Bayou Round Up...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Lepus, Surfcityrocker, Cooon and 16 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Oh shit. I forgot to mention... The boys let me pick a car!!! I fell in love with this old Buick:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Perfect little custom in progress and an easy pick for me... Owned by a guy that I don't know, but admire a great deal now - Jake Christmas.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
    OG lil E, slim38, MO_JUNK and 15 others like this.
  3. alchemy

alchemy

Where's the ropes around the show cars?

Neat place, and neater cars. That would be quite a long trip for me, so thanks for the nice pics.

4. @Ryan How bad is the car?

loudbang likes this.

5. Cheater Chrome

Cheater Chrome
    from So Cal

Man, I'd love to go to that show. The cars and backdrop look amazing. Great photos, just what I needed for some Monday morning motivation!

loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  6. 2935ford

2935ford

Small town charm.......nothing like it. To be able to walk around with room to spare........:)

7. Looks like you had a great time, well, except for that damn deer. Glad it wasn't any worse. They can do some very serious damage.

loudbang and 41 GMC K-18 like this.
  8. 41 GMC K-18

41 GMC K-18
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have been to a lot of unique gatherings of all things mechanical over the years, but this gathering there in that magnificent old arena, is indeed something that is very unique.

No problem with weather, only so much room for a select group of cars, good placement of the cars, good lighting, no bad angles for photography, ample seating, excellent location in relation to food and music, and it appears to be very well organized and not widely advertised !

It reminds me of how the seating is in the old RYMIN auditorium where the original Grand Ole Opry used to be broadcast from back in the day.

To have that round up in that building, is like a huge jewel case that you can just sit back and look at great creations and automotive history.

Most impressive that the organizers and the administrators of the auditorium are both on the same page to allow such a gathering with out a lot of red tape and hassle. That is rare in today's world of insurance and liability considerations.

For those that were in attendance, consider yourself fortunate to have been there, and thanks to Ryan for posting this. And thanks to all of the car owners that attended.
    " Everything old is new again "

Stogy, loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I got really lucky. Essentially, I got what looks like a rock chip with a bit of a dent out of the deal. Some inner fender damage as well, but I got that mostly fixed this morning.

BB5060B4-2357-41E4-B295-FCA6C46C8AAB.jpeg

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

very Cool - reminds me of early shows like The Oakland Roadster Show, when it was in Oakland

11. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

It really is a hidden gem. Here's are a few of my attempts at picture taking. IMG_0783.jpg IMG_0903.jpg IMG_0948.jpg IMG_0955.jpg IMG_1069.jpg IMG_1094.jpg

hfh, OG lil E, slim38 and 9 others like this.
  12. Glad the damage wasn't worse. The Bayou Roundup always looks like a great show. I wish more car shows would take the Kontinentals lead with how to put on a show.

41 GMC K-18 and loudbang like this.
  13. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Thanks all for sharing. Looks like a cool happening.

14. Michael Ottavi

Michael Ottavi

Killer photography killer cars! The first group shots almost look like 1/24th. scale model cars.

15. b4autodark

b4autodark

That's exactly what I thought at first glance!

16. BLAKE

BLAKE

Killer summary and coverage as always, @Ryan ! Here's one I was eager to get... the obligatory feature car shot made big, so click into it to see it full-size. ;)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  17. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

OK, let me get this straight... A HOT ROD guy drives a custom to a car show, Then the same HOT ROD guy is asked to pick his favorite car of the show ... and he picks a CUSTOM!!!! I don't know how to tell you this @Ryan , But you are now a custom guy

18. It looks like there were three dozen cars in the arena. Was that the whole show, with some music outside?

Phil

19. BLAKE

BLAKE

Here's a few of mine. Like @Ryan says, this show is special... it's as much friends, food, and music as it is a car event.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

loudbang, hfh, Cooon and 14 others like this.
  20. I'm just gonna leave this here...
    When Gary Howard had it.jpg
    Lone Star Round Up, 2017. One of my all time favorite mild customs...nice to see it's in good hands.

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Killed it Blake... As suspected.

loudbang, 41 GMC K-18 and BLAKE like this.
  22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I think there were another 100 or so cars outside? Like I said, I spent most of my time in the stands drinking beer and people watching. I was on vacation technically, so I didn't get out a ton!

loudbang likes this.
  23. BLAKE

BLAKE

You're too kind, boss - thanks. Side note... Tractor Scratcher is playing at Emo's in Dec... we should get tix!;)

loudbang and Sancho like this.
  24. is a coubillion , more than a billion?
    great shots thanks!

loudbang and BLAKE like this.
  25. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

If I ever resurrected the Asphalt Invitational, I'd want it to look just like this show...

loudbang, ric and Chris Casny like this.
  26. Its really a cool show, 2nd time going, my 36 was suppose to go but she didn't cooperate and stayed home, fuel related issues. I have over 200 pics on my facebook account and will post some in my original thread in the events section here soon.

Thanks to the Kontinentals for putting on this show, you guys rocked it.

loudbang and BLAKE like this.
  27. Sculptive Design Co.

Sculptive Design Co.

28. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:rolleyes:...Wowie...what a neat Show/Gathering of Hoodlums...Perfect...To all who captured this event in visual and desciption Thank You Very Much...;)

loudbang likes this.
  29. Movinman

Movinman

Well said and well described. We drove 1800 miles round trip and we had a blast. I put a thread up with my pictures already. Good times!

30. steveb

steveb

Great photos & blog. I've been living in Lafayette for the past 39 years, & it's always good to see this happening. I had to miss it this year since my son was getting married Sat. Most of Fri. was spent moving & setting stuff up.
    It has basically been feeling like summer over here up until Thurs., so all who attended got to experience some great weather that doesn't happen all that often.
    I'd like to have a model car display there one year. Not necessarily a contest, but a display similar to Santa Maria. But true custom & hot rod model builders are about as rare as hen's teeth over here, so who knows how that would all pan out.

Thanks again to all who posted the great photos.
    Steve

Surfcityrocker likes this.