Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Kindness of Car People

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Kindness of Car People

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. hose are two beautiful Pontiac's but don't sell your wagon short,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To me it's just as nice from where I sit. HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Every time I see one of those 57 Pontiac hardtops I get a little sick to my stomach knowing that there is one buried in my pasture up to it's windows by the shifting tides of mother nature. In 1970 a local offered me his very nice 57 hardtop to use in a local Demo Derby. I think back to how worthless they were then and what they are worth now. Sometimes I wasn't the brightest bulb in the box.

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  4. Fordors

Fordors

Mom (and no doubt dad) taught Wheeler well to appreciate fine cars but more importantly how to treat your fellow man. They may have gone out of their way a bit but when you think about it that only took a little of their time. In doing so a strong memory was created for both sides, a win/win.

loudbang likes this.

5. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Those are a classy set for sure. Most every car person I've come across are quality people.

loudbang likes this.
  6. AmishMike

AmishMike

When met future wife in 1964 her parents had ‘57 poncho convertible in decent shape. Year or so later at their house they had new Buick. 57 had been junked. Should have dumped whole family then. And is memory right it was mechanical fuel injected like early corvette?

loudbang likes this.
  7. Fordors

Fordors

Only if it was a Bonneville, 1957 was the intro year.

loudbang likes this.
  8. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

I agree with @HOTRODPRIMER, those Pontiac's are pretty sweet, but the green on your's with the Fiestas is a standout. Glad you had a good experience up there.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    loudbang likes this.
  9. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Double sweet.:cool:

10. The niceness of car people: I met one through the HAMB this evening. I want to give a shout out to my buddy, kidcampbell71. He brought me a really nice Model A frame from Weatherford all the way up to Amarillo. He had car trouble, but he didn't let that stop him. Did not even know him a couple of weeks ago. One hell of a nice guy. Car people are really cool.

11. sololobo

sololobo

thanx for sharing this cool story and the images of those two cool machines. I love the 57 Ponchos, my Mom had a 57 Pontiac tu-door post that I loved, I won it's stock class with it at the drags a couple of times. It is so great how us car people care for each other, makes the sport cool.

loudbang likes this.