Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2019 Lonestar Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Stogy, Sprout, kidcampbell71 and 13 others like this.
  2. BLAKE

BLAKE

I've always wondered why I enjoy these events so much more when the weather don't cooperate, and I think Ryan nailed it... that's when we feel the need to hunker down with friends and family and ride it out together.

Such a great weekend! Thanks, Team Cochran, for the shelter and hospitality... and killer shots, Boss!!

3. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

My ship was taking on water and I was busy with a bucket to keep her afloat. It was fun. Thankfully I love H20. Good weekend, can't wait to do it again.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Miller actually took most of those. He did pretty great!

Your car with Blake's... Best pic opportunity at a car show in a long, long time...

5. I've often said, yeah it's about the cars, after all that's what brings us together, but it's really about the people. You and your pals and Family proved that once again. :)

31hotrodguy likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ohhh... and bad weather mixing with car shows is one of the best kept secrets in hot rodding. Absolute hell on organizers and hosts obviously, but it creates an environment that can't be duplicated... and in a way that just makes for pandemonium and the unpredictable and... hell, I dunno... but I've never had a bad time at a car show in bad weather.

Next year, bring on the snow!

7. ....Let's not get carried away here.:D;)

8. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Sounds like another memorable Lonestar Roundup!

I drove my roadster down last year, approx. 850 miles. It was an adventure just getting there, but the trip home was something else! We did the whole trip in one day, arriving home around midnight and 30 degree temps. It was horrible, unfortunately part of the reason I didn't come down this year.

In 2013, we left Omaha with snow on the ground and it was 23 degrees. I'm starting to wonder if this whole roadster thing was a good idea!?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    383deuce, loudbang, mctim64 and 5 others like this.
  9. lilmann

lilmann

Our best camping and car show trips have all been because of bad weather. Nothing can replace time spent with family and friends!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy and MO_JUNK like this.
  10. BLAKE

BLAKE

Prolly lame to snap pics of your own car, but I couldn't help myself...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

This was my first year attending. My girl knew this was a bucket list for me and decided I needed a break. She planned and executed the entire trip....even brought out my friend from SoCal. I told her this would be a "one and done" show. Basically once I did it I would be content with the one time.

We got in late Thursday night and set out the next morning to do the garage crawl. We only made it to the second to the last which was out in the middle of nowhere but it was by far the coolest. Getting back to Austin we picked up my girl and headed to the Roundup. Spent the day wandering the show, met Ryan and shook his hand, saw a ton of cool cars and stuff. Made it to Congress that night....even cruising a Yaris it was a blast.

Saturday we went and had some tacos at Torchy's. That place rocked. By the time lunch was over the sun was coming out and we went back to the show. My girl made it to the HAMB booth and prepaid for a shirt for me....ended up talking to Miller about his trailer. What a polite kid! @Ryan not sure if you saw but the Monterey you featured https://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=40486 was there. That car was awesome....that guy scored buying it.

Overall I would love to say it was a "one and done". The reality is that I will be back but not without my hotrod. Everything was a must do but it killed me not having something to drive. So yeah, shooting for a road trip the year after next.

BLAKE and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I drove 2200 miles round trip in a T roadster. While yes, the weather sucked Saturday, I would still do the trip again. Note to self, not camping in a tent next time.

loudbang, 31hotrodguy, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Hahahahah. you come see us sometime.... hahahahahahah.

loudbang, Stogy, Dog_Patch and 2 others like this.
  14. I was talking with my wife while we were driving across town from the hotel to the show in the rain Saturday morning- One thing that makes this show great is the fact that due to the circumstances of folks driving in from out of town, and the commitment those folks and the local folks have, the show will happen rain or shine. It'll never be one of those "oops, looks like rain, maybe try again in two weeks" or "see you next year" type little shows. It's too big a thing to be knocked down and defeated by the wind, rain, or cold. I love that about it.

We drove the daily driver due to technical difficulties with the old truck, but still had a great time.

BLAKE likes this.
  15. BLAKE

BLAKE

A few pics... notice how the foul weather ruined everything. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  16. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Great shots Miller! Glad you guys had fun :) any shots from the indoor event in 07’ I keep hearing about it lately and would love to see photos of that!

enloe likes this.
  17. Wow....and I was home doing yard work and fixing leaks on my 34. Next year after I get all the bugs out of this thing.

Dean Lowe, 31hotrodguy and Tim like this.
  18. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story, I figure it will be two years before we make it down there for Roundup but my truck has been rained on before.

19. That was awesome! 15 hours each way and we didn't even plan on it. Noon Wednesday @3dnsouth called and said "Let's go to the Roundup". If we tried to make plans to go, it would have been a no-go - just too far.
    LSR_3dnsouth.jpg

loudbang, Tim and brett4christ like this.
  20. catdad49

catdad49

All that (I mean the good stuff) And Junior Walker!!!!!!!! Man.......

loudbang and 31hotrodguy like this.
  21. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

errr......I think you meant Junior Brown, but who knows Junior Walker may have been there too.

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Compliments to the Photographers and all those who made the trek to Color Up this Stellar event...What a cool collection of Vintage Iron.

BLAKE, catdad49 and 31hotrodguy like this.
  23. catdad49

catdad49

Senior Moment, Jefe!

24. guy1unico

guy1unico

Next years forecast ...
    4 days straight badass hot rod GREAT weather!

12.jpg

Okie Pete, enloe and Stogy like this.
  25. Dangerousdan

Dangerousdan
    from Arizona

Let's see more photos. Thanks

26. Cars, Jr Brown, Vincent, nice weather for Tx. not to bad, great picts, thanks.

27. If that was "ruined" I couldn't imagine what it was like to not be ruined. I loved the show. First time ever for my girlfriend and I. It was nice to meet you Ryan, thanks for the stickers. You were right, the food in San Antonio was great, we loved it!

28. scoop

scoop

I'm gonna hold you to that Rocky!!

29. scoop

scoop

We love this show,we said last year was the last but we can't stay away. We're already talking about coming back again next year.

30. Working to be there next year fo sho.
    34repairs4_19.jpg

Okie Pete and Tim like this.