Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Two T’s, Standing Tall

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Mar 15, 2019.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Two T’s, Standing Tall

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Well, the guy with the Coupe could have used a "cinder block" I guess, but channel iron is almost as far fetched. I think that just looking at these two cars however, we start to see just WHY, there are so many rules today.
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

brad2v and 31hotrodguy like this.
  3. Whoa, those are ugly. Hard to believe they were competitive.

4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Never thought rat rod suspensions would be a step or two or three above a race car but....

31hotrodguy likes this.

5. silent rick

silent rick

definitely won't find either of them in ryan's examples of what traditional is

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. That roadster in street roadster class is a joke. Where are the front brakes? Where is the full exhaust system? I'm sure there is no charging system or even wiring for the "headlights". That kind of crap ruined the street roadster classes for real street roadsters. :(

7. Dean, the saddest part is that there is a whole generation of people who think that kind of crude crap is how it was done. Or, worse, that they think that shit is cool.

J.Ukrop, Dean Lowe and 31hotrodguy like this.
  8. I agree 1000%,,this late bunch of "wanna be"are just plain DUMB ASSES...just read a few threads here on the HAMB of late...many are finding us via Google,,shame,shame..note to Ryan and crew.Make it more difficult for Dumb asses to gain membership on the HAMB..

9. ^^ Amen brother ^^

10. Bluedot

Bluedot

How are we gonna teach 'em right if we don't let them into the school of old school, as taught by Professor Ryan and staff?

11. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

Seriously. A lot of you people could not have been involved with drag racing in the early days. Yes, a lot of those cars were unsafe. They didn't have plastic money or a father that was connected. They did what they could with what they had.

mountainman2 and J.Ukrop like this.
  12. Iron Man

Iron Man

The roadster looks like Floyd Craig's Chevy Tee Fine out of Kansas City. He raced it a lot of years and it was fast....

13. A Boner

A Boner

Limited funds, equipment, not much technology, and skills. Big balls. Things have progressed every year since then, including safety rules.