Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Art of Bonneville Buttons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Art of Bonneville Buttons

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'm a sucker for a well designed button, whether it be for a motorcycle, gun, steam, or tractor show. I've been collecting them for a half century, but have yet to snag a Bonneville participation pin, but someday.......

3. I dig this stuff so much myself. I have two things to share. 1958 Bonneville Penzoil advertisement and 1965 Bonneville Pit Pass. B IMG_3788.JPG IMG_1289.JPG oth will get displayed in my 34 5w coupe I'm just finishing up.

4. seatex

seatex

Sooooooooo Cooooooool

5. Jim Hassad

Jim Hassad

Buttons are long gone, but we still have the car, with the participation decals. Missed the 1955 and 1956 years due to blown engine running nitro! 1953 241 cu. in. Dodge, still driven to car shows here in SoCal.
    Bonneville partcipant decals.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

SDRC timing tag.jpg SDRC timing tag.jpg

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool stuff, I think I just have the cloisonne Pin from 88 and maybe 98 from the SCTA trinket stand.
    I had the decal from the gathering of customs and rods on the salt on the Saturday of the 88 Bonneville speedweek on the quarter window of my 51 Merc or years but the guy who bought the car shaved it off the first week he had the car. He may have replaced the glass though.

7. They got pretty pedestrian in the 60's. This one's from our trip in '69 when we sat two records with our bike.

[​IMG]

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

Buttons are still going strong. If I wasn't so lazy I'd take a photo of the ones I have.. I lke these. They are on the original body I built for the sidecar.

[​IMG]

Dean Lowe likes this.
  9. firingorder1

firingorder1