Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Nothing Like New Old Stock!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Nothing Like New Old Stock!

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

woodz, Lazy A, catdad49 and 1 other person like this.
  2. I like NOS stuff but I use it and once its been used its no longer NOS. LOL

The pusher had 4 NOS moon discs on it, I got them from a fellow HAMBer cheap and they came in the original packaging. They are still on the truck and they are no longer NOS.

I am using an NOS Hurst mount in my A sedan. same deal cheap and came to me in the original box complete with bolts and instructions. But it has been bolted to an engine block so again no longer NOS.

They made some beautiful stuff back in the era of real hot rods and customs. But my problem is that I use it instead of collect it. LOL

Lazy A and Bandit Billy like this.
  3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Nothing like being the first one to peel back that virgin wrapper.:rolleyes:
    I have a nearly NOS Nova L79 engine, about the only thing not new is the bare block.

4. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

My favorite caps!

5. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

While I see your dilemma, I've got a few NOS things sitting around, I'd say go ahead and use them on the wagon. We only live so many years, so enjoy them while you can.

Lazy A likes this.
  6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

There is a third option,
    Relieve yourself of the burdon of choice and send them to me.

7. 2935ford

2935ford

8. belair

belair

I love NOS too. It FITS and it LASTS. Use those caps. Or ignore Paul and sent them to me.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Looks like they were sold at Sears in Minneapolis! Rad- so... yeah ignore @Paul and @belair and send them home to ME!

czuch, kidcampbell71 and Paul like this.
  10. alchemy

alchemy

I love bolting on NOS parts.

11. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Use them. Use them.
    (And then post a picture!)

12. You and me both my friend. Unless you are using low quality NOS parts ( made in Japan for our era) they just seem to be better quality than what we can buy today.

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have a case of NOS Studebaker oil filters.
    If I cared enough to find out what else they fit, I'd use em. They're NOS.
    Use those caps.

14. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

I let go of a set of Cal-Neva Vikings caps I wish I never parted with but also knew I would never use them....Lolol..Ive fighting with myself to part with my Cal Custom inner beauty rings and a set of Shannon Cones that came out of a collection of some one who passed recently

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

At least you know OEM NOS parts will fit. Can't say that for Chinese repops made by small children.

16. jim snow

jim snow

Usem. Snowman

17. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I was at a long time electronics shop once, the owner would let me rummage around and usually buy stuff. Noticed a 1960s Eico Signal Generator kit, in the box.

Unbuilt electronic kits go for some nice money, or at least profit so I bought it figuring to sell it on that auction site. Figured I should take inventory and make sure all the parts are there right? Then I started through the manual and reading the instructions. Well it wasn't long after that I got the ole soldering iron out and put the damn thing together. Works great, but it ain't worth shit now. Oops.

jim snow likes this.
  18. Your Safari is a definite worthy recipient for those caps!

19. Hell yes, use 'em!
    I found a oem nos '35 front axle and oem nos '31 front cross member for my '29 banger. Can you guess where they are? Yep...

73.JPG 74.JPG

20. If you wait for the "perfect car" to put them on, your beard may be very long and grey, because the car that is better than the one you have now is ALWAYS around the corner. Use them, then you can brag they were "just some old crap I had lying around".

21. autobilly

autobilly

In opposition to everyone else, I say keep 'em as they are. Jay, I know you (like myself) can appreciate the pleasure of just having great old things around. Like re painting over the perfect patina, once done/used you can never go back. Get another set of original used caps if you need them.

22. Slap those babies on your car!
    They are doing no good on a shelf. Nicest ones you ever found ( they actually found you).

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  23. Use them or loose them....like maybe in a fire like I did a few month's back. Still haven't open the refrigerator of parts yet...hoping for the best.