Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Motor City Modified Auto Club (Detroit) 1953

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Jive-Bomber, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Motor City Modified Auto Club (Detroit) 1953

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

HEMI32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Isn't that also the Merc running at about 48 seconds into reel 1? Neat car. So much cool going on in these films - what a great piece of history. Now where's my white t-shirt......

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. therein1951

therein1951
    from onsted mi.

I joined Motor city modified auto club in 1953. I am now a retired member. I have that club plaque on my street rod. We raced at naval training strip at Newport and Telegraph, I-75 before it was open. By flint, Ecorse rd. By Willow run airport and Echols rd. in Livonia. Finally our own strip at New Baltimore Mi.

4. Damn, some guys on here are old. :D:D:D And even as old as their car.:D

5. sololobo

sololobo

Fantastic glimpse into hot rod life of the times. I was hot rodding in Nebraska at this time with my car seen in my avatar. What a blast it was. I have faded away as I have aged but refuse to step away!

6. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Great to see old stuff like that. Grew up in Detroit but that was a little before my time. I was only 4 then. Always interested in reading about the car culture in Detroit from the early days. Growing up I never knew something like that existed.

7. flathead4d

flathead4d

Great old films. I was 14 at that time and got my first car at 16 (pictured in avatar) in 1955. That was around the time the Detroit Dragway got started. Great memories there too. Thanks for posting.