Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Best At The Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Best At The Round Up

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

The Roy Drapal Coupe hands down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  3. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

FB_IMG_1429551276332.jpg this is my pick!

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

The first car that comes to mind is from last year. Mike Young's '33 Ford Coupe, built by Lee Pratt.
    @Ryan - the car you opened with is Bucky Hess'. Correct, painted by his son, Travis (Tuki).

Attach666.jpg

5. Looking forward to all the photos,I hope the weather doesn't get too bad. HRP

6. 48stude

48stude

This is my fav. Bill lsru2.jpg Please take a lot of pictures.!!

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Oh god I love that car.

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

9. ...that green coupe is nice, wonder why they painted "A/ G" on it... ...?

HOTRODPRIMER and hugh m like this.
  10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

The Hilton/Ross Racing Engine/North Jersey Kustom guys are on their way out and bringing a whole load of cool shit.
    [​IMG]

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Always my number one favourite..... and a great guy.

A REAL Hot Rod
    562858_581001796119_53802059_31426500_431464912_n.JPG

12. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Guys need to have a little sense of history before guessing. Also the misuse of Palimides style spoked wheels on late model gassers falls into the same category.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Jibs

Jibs

My thought exactly, paint over the "G" paint an "A" there it would be prefect.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. Tuff crowd! HRP

15. sololobo

sololobo

For me it is the "jewel", the green model a sedan, it is in the far background of Malcom's post. Once owned by my friend "The Iguana's" multi instrumentalist Joe Cabral, with Omaha his home town.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. I've only been to one roundup so far, (2015) but for me it is easy. Paul's model a was/ is a big inspiration for me and my car. Seeing it in person, was really neat. He's an awesome dude too!

IMG_1679.jpg

Silverado85, Fern 54, Luke W and 11 others like this.
  17. ...and Bob K.s car in the background, hope he recovers quick.

18. Not my pic, I was too awestruck to see it in the flesh to actually take a picture, but Dennis Varni's model A roadster. Look, I'm a trad guy at heart, but to see an old AMBR winner driven to Austin from SF and shoot the breeze with Dennis hisself? Best part of my weekend..... and attention all trad anti-billet guys.. chill out

Attached Files:

19. OK, this will be off the wall, and make no mistake, I have seen a ton of stuff I totally love at the Round Up, but the question is what is the one today....so I'm going to have to say this ramp truck that I believe is Steve Wertheimer's. Ever since I saw it in 2015 it hasn't been far out of my mind and I've been hankering' for one....

IMG_7351.jpg

20. HarveyWallbanger

HarveyWallbanger

21. We were there in '13, There were so many iconic cars, from the Steadfast/Hilton crew in the parking lot of our hotel, to DW's blown A, but the real Zen moment for me was seeing
    Cory and Ashley Taulberts. roadster rolling down South Congress Razr 078 (2).jpg

Attached Files:

22. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

I've only been to LSRU once back in '09......there were a lot of great cars, but it was The Waco Kid that left an indelible impression on me.

84545711.jpg

23. Deadender60

Deadender60

[​IMG]
    Just one?
    Heath Murray's Chevy is probably my all time favorite (with many for 2nd place)

24. guy1unico

guy1unico

25. elgringo71

elgringo71

I like this one. He has been there in the past but I am not sure if he will be there this year.

IMG_1198.JPG IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1018.JPG IMG_0144.PNG IMG_0145.PNG IMG_0146.PNG

26. HunterYJ

HunterYJ
    from Buda Texas

I saw this earlier and have been trying to pick just one since, and can't.
    I have attended every Roundup except for last year and there are so many great cars. Some are the amazing cars you read about and make a beeline for, others were simple yet gorgeous and hidden amongst the parked masses, and yet others didn't grab me at the show but later under the glow if streetlights on Congress really got me going.
    I don't know how y'all picked just one....

27. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Man what a tough one.

As of right this minute...

IMG_0214.JPG

The Jive Five 32!

Don't have any photos without corys sitting next to it haha. Both very cool but something about that worn out five window gets me

28. I am loving this thread - so many great cars and memories of the show. This is my favorite week all year, even with all the sleeplessness and craziness. All roads lead to Austin right now!

Thanks @sololobo - yeah The Jewel has a long history with the Round Up going back to the very first one, and a lot of twists and turns along the way. I was so happy to finish it up right and have it roll out for the first time at the Round Up in 2014, with my buddy Joe right there with me, playing with The Iguanas out there - it got The Jalopy Journal pick at that year, it was super special to me, and so stoked on the photoshoot & write-up Ryan did on the whole story - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/?p=24077 It definitely sums it up for me.

Seeing that killer 33 coupe @Ryan posted of Bucky Hess's and meeting Tuki that year for the first time - was the reason I thought of Tuki when it was time to paint The Jewel - that green stuck in my head and I knew he would nail it. He sure did.

jewel.jpg

29. 46stude

46stude

Puts a smile on my face every time I see it.

Attached Files: