Register now to get rid of these ads!

1000's of replies, 300,000+ views build thread::::Deleted

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 47Ford - 1.5Ton, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 47Ford - 1.5Ton

47Ford - 1.5Ton

Had a well documented build thread on a 1947 Ford 1.5 ton diesel.

Was a top 50 post on the entire HAMB website.

People asked if I was building anything again since I sold the truck... the build thread was6 months old without a personal update from the 'new' owner of the 1947 diesel. I show them my 1966 Chevy C-10 with a "non-traditional powetrain :eek:" 5.3L LSx swap as I was getting asked what I was building now....

Thread gets deleted because of showing "non traditional 1966 C-10"

1000's of pictures, how to's, etc.... gonzo.

Feel bad for the 3500+ replies and all the fabrication content that just got deleted to the HD (1 ton +) and mechanical diesel HAMB users.

Shame...

Feel free to delete my account too.... simply too traditional when you start putting down the theory of hot-rodding in general.

Feel bad for all the COE and 1.5 ton users on here.

NOTE: My thread post count went down I think by nearly 1000 after this thread was deleted... NOTE: thread was deleted 4 months after C-10 pictures (3) posted.... ????? Inconsistent moderators or just napping on the job?

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. We have all had threads deleted,sorry yours was deleted but that's no reason to ask for your account to be delete,,hang in there. HRP

3. First off, that thread had 657 replies, not "thousands".

Second, it was resurrected after lying dormant for nearly 2 years and was bumped (by you) to wit;

Third, calling out moderators is a good way to get shown the door...as Ryan says "We have very few written rules here on the HAMB and that's the way we like it, but we won't hesitate to dump disruptive posters, ego freaks, or shit talkers. We are all here to learn and teach - please keep your other prerogatives on the sidelines." I suggest that, if you have an issue with the way the forum is moderated, you should contact the staff or @Ryan directly.

Finally, please spare us the 'victim' card, your post(s) on that thread make it seem like you wanted to stir the pot. Maybe you'll take a few minutes, cool down, learn what we're about here, and contribute in the spirit of The H.A.M.B. (Traditional Hot Rods & Customs built in a style representative of 1965 and earlier). If not, no hard feelings. Best of luck on your build.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This is a hot rod site. Not a big truck site. I closed your account for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.