Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest 10,000 Car Club Plaques

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis4x4, Jul 26, 2020.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

THIS IS NOT MY DEAL....PASSING THE INFO ON

Hi everyone,

At one time you may have contributed a photo or two for my website, or expressed an interest in one of the plaques I have posted. This month I reached a “Milestone” by posting the 10,000th different plaque to my site.

If you’d like to take a look around again, the URL to my home page is …

https://carclubplaques.pairsite.com/carclubplaques.htm

It’s probably been 18 months or so since my last message was sent to most of you. If you have a plaque that’s not shown on my site, please send me a photo so I can add it. I know there were many more plaques made in the 50’s and 60’s. If you’re looking for a plaque, I have a couple of contacts that may be able to help you. The aim of this project is to document as many car clubs as possible and the number of clubs some small towns had amazes me.

If you’re not interested in getting messages from me, please let me know and I’ll remove your name from my contact list.

Best wishes,

Bill Junge
    Lake Havasu City, AZ

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  2. brady1929

brady1929

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. 5window

5window

Wow
    Sent from my moto g(6) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Bill, congrats on a job well done

Bullet Nose and dana barlow like this.
  6. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Amazing, great job

weps likes this.
  7. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Th
    Thanks Don. It's been a fun project and I hope to continue as long as I'm getting new photos to add to my site. A couple of large plaque collectors told me there may be as many as 20,000 more plaques to find.

8. 47 ford

47 ford

killer thanks

9. ENUF 41

ENUF 41

OUTSTANDING!!!

10. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Well done Bill.
    I've enjoyed looking before too,an had a little fun today also.
    It maybe me,but I could not find a way to just hunt Club Name's, as many club have same name an even same art work in some cases, do to a maker reusing same master or clubs are linked with other local.
    I'm sure you are as well,we have not found all.
    I been looking for a buddy,his LightingRods was Miami fla. in early 60s
    This is my rod Road Rebels
    I find it a lot of fun. Thank you for you work. 1005.JPG

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  11. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

12. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I've had several people suggest a search feature. I've told them if they are looking for something they can't find, let me know and I'll search my spreadsheet. It's much easier than adding something to the website that I think will take more work to maintain.

As far as club names, I do have a page on my site that shows plaques for the most popular club names and the URL is ... https://carclubplaques.pairsite.com/SameNames/SameNames.htm.

The most popular is the Road Runners and there are 124 examples.

R A Wrench and dana barlow like this.
  13. SR100

SR100

Fixed it for you:
    IMG_1045.JPG
    Looks like they are sponsored by the police dept, YMCA and the Optimists Club. What hooligans! :rolleyes:

14. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

dana barlow likes this.
  15. samurai mike

samurai mike

16. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thank you Bill,I had not ever found that club names page,an very nice !!! I even found what maybe same art work for Lighting Rods,but club name was not the same even or place,I'm wating on my buddy that ask me to try an find it,had told me kind of what he remembered of art work not clearly. I sent a copy,we'll see later.

17. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, one of the local clubs to me has been revived and is active and The other one I don't know anything about.

dana barlow likes this.
  18. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Here are the pages on my site that have Lightning Rods plaques ...

Atlanta
    Bay Area
    Bay Area
    Bay Area
    Birminigham
    Coos Bay
    Cumberland
    Dallas
    Kansas City
    Nashua
    Roselle
    San Bruno
    West Omaha

dana barlow likes this.
  19. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Thanks Bill,I'll email him that list,he has not got back to me yet.

20. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

The plaque that I listed as being from Birminigham is actually on the Birmingham page. The location on that plaque was spelled wrong.

dana barlow likes this.
  21. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I just checked on O'Brien Truckers website and Dennis has patterns for these additional cities ...

Cedarville
    Houston (2)
    La Marque
    Milwaukee
    Sioux City
    No City Shown

Speed Gems and dana barlow like this.
  22. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Unbelievable, what a collection. You have a plaque from the "Road Panthers" from my home town. That club was started around 1952-'54 and believe it or not, a few of the guy's are still around. I still remember, as a kid, when the car's would go over a bump or other obstruction and hearing the plaque drag on the pavement. A lot of those plaques aren't "politically correct" now. Keep collecting!

23. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Must be this one because it's the only Road Panthers club I have a photo for.

[​IMG]
    My Hot Rod and Custom Car Clubs book shows two more clubs with that name in Golden and Pittsburgh.

24. Great site!
    Just a note on the history of the Vernon, BC car clubs. I was one of the founding members of the CamJammers car club, the first car club in Vernon. The original plaque was identical to the red one you have on display, but was painted black. The quality of the paint was so poor, that most guys repainted them.
    I still have mine, but just stripped the rest of the paint off, and never repainted it.
    I have a scan of a picture of the original members, if you are collecting any additional information.
    Bob

25. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

That's the one Bullet, nice find! Jack Eaton was the organizer of the club but has passed on. He left his son a treasure trove of early Long Island hot rod memorabilia.

26. Justin in PA

Justin in PA

Under the "No city shown" section there is a Winders plate. My dad was in that club in the '50's and it was based in McCandless Township, PA in the North Hills suburb area of Pittsburgh. Below is the front and back of the cards that were passed out when helping someone stranded along the road, etc. I have his membership card somewhere also.
    Winders front.jpg Winders back.jpg Winders plate.jpg

27. Arlington, Texas PD

28. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Bob,

I took the picture of the Cam Jammers plaque at a car show/cruise night in Kelowna in 2010 while visiting our neice on our way home from Bonneville.

I do have a place on my website for car club group photos and if you want to send it, I'll post it here ...

https://carclubplaques.pairsite.com/OtherStuff/Jackets-Shirts/GroupPhotos.htm

29. Here is a photo from sometime around 1961-62. The picture was probably taken late summer of 1961. Camjammers_1962_enh_crp.gif