Register now to get rid of these ads!

1/4 elliptical rear end set up's let's see them

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skenny'schopshop, Mar 27, 2008.

1. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Don't have one of the rear....................how about the front!!

Attached Files:

2. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Check the write-up on the NSRA giveaway car of a few years ago, the Model A roaster pickup. It used quarter-elliptics on the rear. It was built by Cornhusker; there are a few pics on their website
    http://www.cornhuskerrodandcustom.net/pcardetails.asp?carid=42

Posies has some available, as well. (Actually, might be Posies' parts on the pickup mentioned above.)

Speedway uses them on the back of their '32 Lowboy roadsters. Hot Rod Magazine built one with quite a few pics of the construction about 20 or so years ago (Maybe about 1985?).

If you have access to a collection of Hot Rod Magazine, check Aug '63; there is an article about Hugh Tucker's street roadster that had quarter-elliptics out back. By the way, that car was notorious for being able to flat get it done for the first 60 feet, as well as the remaining 1260.....

3. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    A setup without shackles.

4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Here's some from my projects. They ride very well and are easy to hide away, so to speak.

Attached Files:

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I done quite a few that have worked sucessfully. gearheadbill has several pics of ours. (Red chassis) so I won't post any. Did the giveaway the same but with QC. I don't have any pics but I have also done it with the spring as the bottom locator and triangulated bars on the top. That car has over 100K with no problems.

6. check out posies website he offers a kool set up.Im using one under the pie wagon.....

7. lakesmod

lakesmod

home made.

Attached Files:

8. I've always wondered...How do you select the springs (spring rates)?

9. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Krylon32 built the red chassis in my pics. It's now black, under a 32 hiboy and is getting some serious miles. Fantastic product, both the elliptic spring setup and the entire chassis. Rides like a million$$.