Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1/2 or 3/4 Midget built from Model T parts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edelbroke, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I picked this up today. It has a narrowed Model T front and rear axle, early 30's Dodge or Plymouth 3 speed manual trans. Model T brake lever but not sure what it was connected to. No motor. Motor was mounted up front and seems to have been connected to the trans with a sprocket and chain. Is this a very early 1/2 or 3/4 midget??? midget1.jpg midget2.jpg midget2.jpg midget5.jpg midget3.jpg midget4.jpg

Runnin shine, Hnstray and scrapiron like this.
  2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

My 14 year old son picked up the start of something along the same lines. It has a narrowed T front axle set up suicide style and a shortened and kicked in the rear T frame. Thats all he has of it. We have no idea what (if any) engine and rear it had. If you find out any more info on these little things post it up so we can all learn what they were about.

Runnin shine likes this.
  3. That's neat!

4. Looking at the sprocket on the input shaft, I'd say some sort of motorcycle engine powered it. And when you open up the trans you will probably see it was just used as an in and out box.

flatford39 likes this.

5. alchemy

alchemy

Runnin shine likes this.
  6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

7. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

PA180001.JPG PA220005.JPG I have a TQ Midget with a narrowed model T front axle and a Crosley rear end and trans. It had a English twin in by the exhaust pipes position. Good luck with your project, Gary

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Throw a briggs and Stratton in there sideways and have a blast ripping up the yard

9. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

alchemy that is the same seat I have. I know it didn't come with my little race car. The guy I got it from said he picked it up at a swap meet to use in the car. I know nothing more on the seats origin

10. cool.....early fer sure.......