Register now to get rid of these ads!

1/16 mile Minibike Drags in Arizona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spikeshotrods, Oct 22, 2009.

1. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

The Southwest Nostalgia Drags is proud to announce our first 1/16 mile Vintage Minibike Flag Drop Drags for part of our mid-day break show.

The Track Manager said the requirements will be as follows:
    a $10.00 tech must be purchased along with the $15.00 spectator fee.
    The bike will need to pass a safety test: decent tires, brakes, all important nuts and bolts and won't catch on fire, etc. - Helmet, Heavy Jacket, Gloves & good shoes or Boots

How many of you Guys and Gals are up for something like this?
    :cool:............Spike

2. Good luck!!! We had a BLAST with our mini-bike drags at the Shakedown.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kCwKYywQxc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kCwKYywQxc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

3. Big Tony

Big Tony

Sweet video...great number of mini's

4. Very nice, if it was in Europe i would bring my Fantic Super Rocket minibike.

5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

my life is suckin.... truck won't pass tech and no mini bikes for me... this is gonna be a fun day at the track!

6. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

7. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Hey Jimmy,
    It looks like you won't have much competition. :confused: Hope we can get a field together

8. Anybody else? We were told this is the new ,cool ,hip thing!
    Maybe it's an underground movement?

9. Glen

Glen

Sorry...Im neither cool or hip....unless I can run my stretched hayabusa in that class?

10. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

It is the cool hip thing, and there is a bunch of us that have them, but I'm not really excited to pay $25. when we can do it for free at any given location. (and it is somewhat of an underground movement!)

11. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

T McG,
    Jim Cathey of Jimez US Hotrod says he wants to sponsor your tech card for the Minibike Drags "Go Tucson Terry" :D

12. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I broke my motor so if anybody wants to sponsor me a mini-bike i'll run all day....

14. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

It was cool when I was 11, its cool now.

15. Ruiner

Ruiner

Do you latch onto every fad that comes along to put on your show? It seems kinda tacky that you add an event because it's "the hip thing to do" without having done any legwork to get a field of drivers first, or at least getting some input as to whether anyone will waste $25 to ride a mini bike on a track when they can do it anywhere for free...

16. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Shit guys.... looks like we might as well just move the whole event out onto Grand Ave.

17. My friend , I'm not sure what you want to hear in response. Probably not this.

We were approached with this concept by those involved with it, locally.
    We are always looking for variety in our events . We don't follow a format. Each event then becomes a distinct and fun memory.

I seriously doubt that anyone could race their mini in a parking lot or highway, and be guaranteed TV, magazine and internet coverage ,plus winner and R/U awards.

BTW, how does this all affect you,..... or more specifically, my race partner and me ? Do you have any expertise in this area?

Mark
    Spike

18. Ruiner

Ruiner

HA! TV, magazine and internet coverage for mini bike drags? Seriously? You think anyone really gives a fuck if you can provide those things for a mini bike race? If that was such an important thing to the success of your mini bike drags event, why didn't you mention it in the first place? As for the trophies and crap, who cares? If guys really cared about ANY of that crap in relation to their mini bikes, it wouldn't be an underground movement where people ride and race for free (or less than $25)...are you gonna promise professional sponsorship contracts for the winners so they can take their bike on the National circuit?...if you'd been on top of this beforehand, you wouldn't be on here begging for participants...and why in God's name are we wasting forum space on a fucking traditional hot rod and custom website to talk about mini bikes?...

20. 440shawn

440shawn

Ruiner GOD is a false sence of sucurity why would you bring something that lame into your sentence?? My man everybody has an opinion and your is a lame as anybody elses.

21. freebird101

freebird101

22. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'm sorry, were you speaking English? I couldn't understand anything you said...and by your logic, your opinion is as lame as anyone else's, so that makes it all the easier to ignore...God be with you...

23. 440shawn

440shawn

As I said, as is yours. Shawn

24. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

well... at least the post is staying near the top......:confused:

25. Ruiner

Ruiner

If old, cool and fits in an old vehicle are the criteria around here, then how about I just start posting about my vintage snowmobiles? They're a hell of a lot faster than a mini bike and they fit in the back of an old truck...

26. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We're in Phoenix man.... It was 90 today. Nearest snow is hours away. Snowmobiles are completely useless to us. I'm sorry if you're snowed in, but we're gonna have some fun in the sun. Maybe you didn't notice the whole day isn't about mini-bikes? I wouldn't bother you over on your sleding thread ok?

27. Ruiner

Ruiner

Maybe if you guys had posted this thread as a car show thread and included the mini bike drags info (as per forum rules for staying on topic with what this forum exists for), I wouldn't have even bothered to comment...and for your info, snowmobiles are totally useful in Arizona, on an 1/8 or 1/4 mile drag strip...

28. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Its not my thread sir, I just feel the negativive attitude is un-called for. There are tons of O/T threads and they all have their chance on the board. If this one was out of line they'd just close or delete it. The promoters are just trying to give everyone the opporotunity to have some fun in a safe environment.

29. Mike

Mike

Lighten up, Francis.

30. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Wow a sponsor, now thats funny. I guess I will have to get sizes from my crew so we can have the matching uniforms, and maybe look into a truck & trailer for transport, and possible cash for fuel costs. Wait.. did you say Jim Cathey?, man forget the whole thing, well maybe I can squeeze him for a hot dog!