Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ★★★ Covid-19 Policy Update... ★★★

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

That's the weirdest title I've ever given a post... This whole thing feels like a movie. It's absurd, frustrating, scary, confusing... It's all those things.

Earlier this weekend, I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to Covid thoughts and posts so as not to clutter up the forum with multiple threads on the topic. Initially, I think it provided some relief and an outlet...

And then it dissolved into divisive viewpoints that seem to be the norm in this day and age. Some guys arguing for social isolation policies and other guys arguing against them and... frankly, it was a scene we've never really had here on the H.A.M.B. and I didn't like it.

So I've gotten rid of that thread and I'm hoping you guys can see the practicality in that decision. This forum has always been a place to bring folks together with a common bond despite any other differences. We've never been perfect (so far from it), but we've always had old cars to fall back on and that one thing to keep us together.

It's a really rough time out there in the world. People are without jobs, stuck in their homes, scared, confused... and all of those things I mentioned earlier. Maybe during all of this, the H.A.M.B. should be left alone to be what it is - a forum dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs worldwide... and nothing more.

Escapism has its place in a time like this. If you guys don't mind, please help me keep this forum a place where guys can do just that. I know it's impossible to have a conversation without the virus coming up in one way or another, but I don't think we as a group can stomach anymore dissension over policy and politics.

I'd really appreciate the help.

United we stand. Divided we fall...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.