Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage “American Graffiti” style cruise - St. Petersburg , Florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Driver50x, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Driver50x

Driver50x

Wednesday evening, September 16, 2020

7 PM until ?

All rear wheel drive hot rods, classics, street rods, rat rods, customs, etc. are welcome.

Downtown St. Petersburg - The Recomended strip to cruise is Central Avenue, between 5th St. and Bayshore Drive. If you need directions, type this into your GPS - 247 Central Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33701

THIS IS NOT A CRUISE FROM POINT “A” TO POINT “B”. The cruise allows those who want to distance themselves to stay safely in their vehicles, and those who are ok to step out, to grab a burger and a shake. If you are stepping out, please follow all the guidelines put in place by St. Petersburg and Pinellas County. We don’t want to get these shut down. Please be respectful of the community, remember not all residents are into hot rods like we are. I also suggest you come out early, if you’re comfortable, and stop in at one of the local restaurants to eat, then about 6:30 - 7:00 PM start cruising, just like they did in the 1960’s and like the scenes from the movie “American Graffiti”. Or just walk around town and enjoy the show. You come and go as you please. Hope to see you all there.

*TO ALL LOCAL RESTAURANTS, PLEASE POST YOUR MENU OR A LINK TO YOUR PAGE DOWN IN THE COMMENTS!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like a real good time, I'm envious. Just for fun I googled the distance. Only 1 day and 18 hours due to "light traffic" LOL! That's cannonball run speeds.
    upload_2020-9-8_14-30-4.png

3. Driver50x

Driver50x

Come join us Billy! You have a week to get here! LOL

lothiandon1940 and Bandit Billy like this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unless I am wrong, and I am never wrong, 3077 miles divided by my average MPG which I estimate to be about 8 on a good day, gives me a required 384.63 gallons of 93 octane go juice just to make it there and I still have to drive about and do some showing off right? That bit excluded the 384.63 gallons have to be ran through a bit of a design error I must attest to. My attractive but poorly engineered '32 gas tank only holds 7 gallons of fuel. I have a new tank being shipped but that is a winter project and fodder for another thread. 384.63 divided by 7 equates to 55 (rounded up) fill ups to get there and another 55 station visits to get home (actually it will take more since it is uphill on the way back as I am higher on the map than you are). And I would imagine that there are spots where my less than optimal 56 mile fuel range wouldn't get me to the next petrol station (I suspect that bit above the "UNITED" lettering in the above cartography).

Regardless, I thank you for your more than generous invitation and in return sir, here's your bump back to the top!

5. Driver50x

Driver50x

6. Driver50x

Driver50x

The weather forecast is looking great for this Wednesday evening! I hope everyone from the St. Pete / Tampa area can make it out!

7. raymay

raymay

In Rochester, NY, the President of our car club Rochester Street Rods started organizing American Graffiti style cruises earlier this summer. They have been almost weekly in different towns in our area and we have done a few combined cruises with our friends in Buffalo and surrounding areas as well. One of our best was this one in the town of Brockport, NY.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmlTmgpU7Q&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0iQMaJIW-xHLpmqNV2IZ6vB5jCiV5YICJ9l6Vz9xAi-3XaniOXg4if1c
    Fantastic idea and sure put some of the fun back into a troubling 2020 year.

Driver50x likes this.
  8. Driver50x

Driver50x