Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ¡Revolución! -- Exposición de arte de el viernes (Friday art show)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

Well, just put me in the group - I just gotta have one of those posters - please, please make them available. Just tell me how much and where.

J.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Are you going to have a goul with a bloodied arm hanging out that says "You must be this tall to ride this ride"?

That is so cool.

3. I finished this one the other day

Attached Files:

4. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

i've gotten back on the ball after finally settin up a art room for myself down in the basement heres one that i did this past week . on glass back is painted with aryclics .
    Medium brown and tan one shot tried doing something a little bit diff with the abstract in the center
    [​IMG]

5. tikEK

tikEK

FINKOSEL is king.

you are a ruler!

6. Scotch

Scotch

I swear.

No, really. I do.

Every time I see another work of art from Brush, I find myself swearing out loud. It's usually the 'F' word, but other cusses work too.

This new image prompted a full-on multi-syllabic series of potty mouth cusses. I must really like it!

Sign me up for a poster, please...

~Scotch~

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

[​IMG]

drew this up for a guy just back from his latest tour, should be on his shoulder by the next week :)

8. ~Diablo~

~Diablo~

ahi nos vemos

9. well this is a tattoo design i did for a fellow hamber like i said before im a tattoo apprentce so i have to draw stuff like this up alot lol i hope yall like it its not the best copy but im still havent done the finnishing touches on it...

Attached Files:

10. gabo

gabo
    from france

New work i did this week.........
    [​IMG]

11. mckustoms

mckustoms

Yes, I make them. Thanks for the compliment...

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

New lines, heading for Alabama next week. Geoff aka whodaky
    [​IMG]

13. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Geoff - fabulous work!

John, aka "oldandkrusty"

14. Well,

I guess I was late last week so here's a couple roughs I tried posting back then. The Buick is recent the 'bird is sirca 2001. It should be done in bronze some day soon if all goes well.

Zombie does it again! Great photos guys, that Willys is sweetness!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Hey, what colors would look right on that buick? I thought Deep navy over pewder(or gun metal) but I'm not sure. Needs to "push" the aggressive attitude.

16. Her's a nother'n. I took somebodys beautiful truck that was posted recently and sectioned/copped/chaneled it to represent a model my son and I are building. Hats off to the origional rendering to the origional.

[​IMG]

17. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Seems to be 2 art shows...I will meld them together in a minute..

Back in the early 90's I got a call from a comic book publisher(and a true skank) to work on an indepent comic book with a great illustrator named Don Heck.
    Don was a a comic illustrator going waaay back to the 50's....a neat man and a terrific draftman.
    Any way here are some of the pencils he did before I inked them.
    Don was ill and passed before the job was done.
    The publisher had the ENTIRE right for Nascar comics......but he fumbled BIG time and completeiy screwed everbody in the process

here is an excerpt from a friends writing about the entire story and some of the pencils Don did.

It was an interesting journey none the less..........

Some people may remember an independent publisher named Bill Marks. He was the one who hired Don Heck to pencil his Nascar comics. He hoped to get my good friend Jeff Norwell http://www.jeffnorwell.com/ , a fantastic illustrator with a great love of car art, to ink. At a lunch I attended when Bill proposed this project to Jeff he told us that he had received a note from Heck, "send photo ref." for a shot looking down into the engine of one car that a pit crew was working on.

Bill had purchased a Nascar and sent a photo of his own engine. Heck sent back a second note: "No, send reference of THAT car's engine!" Heck knew that Nascar fans would recognize whether he had drawn the actual star of the story's engine or simply faked it - a testament to the professionalism of the aging artist, in my opinion.

Jeff's not a comic fan (he likes good comic art but only knows a handful of name artists) but thinking this could be a fun job, agreed to undertake the inking. As those first few pages arrived from Don Heck, Jeff called me up to rave about the quality of the drawing. See, from the perspective of an illustrator who appreciates any good work without associating the sentimentality of childhood comics reading, Jeff was thinking of Heck's art in the same way he would admire some of the great advertising illustrators of Heck's generation. For Jeff, Don Heck wasn't a second-string utility artist who had been moved from book to book wherever a hole needed filling. He was completely unaware that Heck carried the burden of having been branded "the ultimate hack" in that now infamous Comics Journal interview.

Bill had given Don Heck's phone number to Jeff in case the two artists needed to discuss any aspects of the job. Jeff promptly called Heck to compliment him on his great drawings.

Now this was around the time that mainstream comics had embraced the McFarlane/Leifeld style full bore, and Jeff, not following comics closely had no idea that Heck ( and many other senior artists ) had been callously brushed aside by the companies they had helped build up.

Jeff told me that Heck sounded unwell and unhappy on the phone, and Jeff's enthusiastic compliments did not improve his demeanor. Just to make conversation he asked Heck whether he had any work on the go for Marvel or DC. Heck flew into a rage on the phone. Jeff told me he said something to the effect of , "You think they want their fucking grampa working on their goddam books?!"

The poor man was clearly harbouring a lot of resentment for the unacceptable treatment he had received from his former employers.

He died shortly thereafter, having been too ill to deliver any more pages.

Attached Files:

• r1.jpg
      r1.jpg
      File size:
      76.7 KB
      Views:
    • r2.jpg
      r2.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • r3.jpg
      r3.jpg
      File size:
      74.1 KB
      Views:
  18. This is ab-so-fuckin-lootly perfect!

19. That truck looks great sectioned and chopped like that.

20. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

21. Spaulding

Spaulding
    from Wichita

Looks an awful lot like a Willie Fisher design. Let's give the man some credit when it's due. And it is!

Attached Files:

22. Rolf

Rolf

I can only second that !!

23. R-U-N-N-O-F-T

R-U-N-N-O-F-T
    from Missouri

Oh man I remember seeing one of those chrome dames hood ornament way, way back! Wasn't attached to anything, I recall just holding it in my hands . . .
    Buick59 you run with the cool crowd, that '57, I wanna have sex with it

24. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Mike(buick59).....killer shots...whoa....very tastee

25. Buick59---

Awesome. Comps,color, texture,finish, it's all there. Publish a big book so everybody can enjoy your work.

26. After the embarasment of posting a friday art show when there was one (what a pillock, must open my eyes before posting!)
    so nothing new (still but have dome some sketches this week....nowt I could post here though!

an old pic that got a good reaction. Multi Aldrich's T and business card
    and the Louie Bettancourt Merc that didn't really get any reaction

Attached Files:

27. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

Muy excellente! Great stuff guys!

A lot of thread variations this week, but this here is the real deal! :)
    **Friday Art Show** should be a sticky each Friday as to not double post.

28. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Mi perro empujado mi flor peluda!....

heres my offering to the KUSTOM GODS this week..

Good stuff guys!Zombie you WoW...

Golf Cart
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. KustmAce

KustmAce

30. DanCollins

DanCollins

"Loose Nuts"

Attached Files: