Register now to get rid of these ads!

¡my collector car appreciation day story!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Julio, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

So word of mouth july 9th is classic car appreciation day said to be passed by something official. well, It was about midnight when I stop at my buddys house to say goodbye to him and my other friend shane, they are leaving for europe for 2 months tomorrow. so I go to say my farewells and give em both a hug, they are like brothers to me. I parked my car in front of my buddys spot in his apartment complex, not on the street but actually in the structure. about 1o minutes later i go to leave, keep in mind its midnight and from experience I know none of his neighbors leave or need room around my car to get out of their spots. My car is gone, towed without warning, no sound of backup light from the truck just sneak attack, I call they say they have it, 400 dollars to get it out right then or 300 in the morning, I maintain my composure and try to speak reasonably to the guy working, I figure he gets yelled at all day why should I add to it, he is just a fucking asshole and says he cannot do anything to help. I just put all my money down for a deposit on my first apartment, rest of the little cash I have was for rent, all my stuff is moved out of my moms house (im 20 gimme a break) and im stylin thus far, stoked on life, finally gonna be responsible! but no these fucking leeches take my car and charge exorbitant amounts for storage. I still have to pay for my textbooks and classes, and this comes up. but I feel alright I guess, I know there is a special place in Hell for leeches like these people. Tow truck drivers (not the ones for hire but the ones that steal your car) and meter maids to me are the scum of the earth. Fuck their Lives. plus the front is so low im sure they scraped the whole way there, dont be surprised if I go away for a while...

2. Yes due to US Senate Resolution 513 and a big thank you to SEMA - today or July 9th is "Collector Car Appreciation Day"....cool huh?

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The tow company probably cruises that parking lot for "unauthorized vehicles", meaning vehicles w/o a parking permit.
    Was the lot posted? is there a designated visitor parking area? Were you parked in someone's marked and designated spot?
    Does it look like a "collector car' or would the general public think it is an "abandoned vehicle"?
    Here in Wa they have had some battles with tow companies posting their "authorized vehicles only" signs on businesses in areas that have a lot of night life and are short on parking often without the knowledge or permission of the business owner or operator. Park there, your vehicle gets towed, your night is ruined and you end up a couple of hundred bucks short and the business owner never knew or cared that you parked there.

About all you can do now is tell the tow company manager that you were a legit guest at the apartment complex and see if they will reduce or drop the fees.

4. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

And if there are not signs readly visable from the area where you were parked saying no parking tenents only etc. check with your local city laws on that. Been a bit of a stink here in the Phoenix area about improperly/not posted towing being done.

5. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

That happened to me, my sisters entire complex is permit parking only, pulled up to a legitamate spot to hop out and hand her something, got to talking and ended up talking for a couple hours. We were standing in the little courtyard about 100 ft away. I walk out just in time to see the truck pull around the corner! :mad::mad::mad:

$350 of loaned money I have my car outta there! :eek: I have good friends that helped me out. :D
    And yes I payed them back 3 days later when I got payed! :rolleyes:

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I had my car towed from a spot that clearly stated "car wash" 8:00 at night in the rain in my own apartment complex. the fucking mangager had it towed rather than knock on my door and ask me to move it. what a fucking dick. told me it was a fire lane... well if it had said fire lane I would not have parked there. no red curb, nothing, just "car wash" and white lines on the parking spot.

about a month later his tires were slashed, but I don't know anything about that.

7. Julio

Julio
    from san diego

Yea I got a good look inside this place, right next to the freeway thats barely visible :)

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Stay outta apartments and HOA's.
    The only difference twixt them and theives is you can get most-o-yur crap back from the tow company. Other than the Snap-on/Craftsman tool bag I donated to a towing company in SD (as a matter of fact) I have no personal experience.
    Or bitterness. Saw through that one eh?