Register now to get rid of these ads!

‘dirty’ Rods To Be Featured On The Sema Show Floor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spark Plug, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

I received this edition of SEMA e-news this morning and figured I would give anyone planning to attend a heads up. Will be nice to see something that hasn't been spit shined for the show!

SEMA eNews, Vol. 9, No. 43 - October 25, 2006

‘DIRTY’ RODS TO BE FEATURED ON THE SEMA SHOW FLOOR

Six members of the hot rod community—Scott Whitaker, Corky Coker, Kenny and Ray Gollahon, Mike Goodman and Steve Moal—are set to celebrate the grit of hot rodding through the POSIES Driven Dirty Tour. Instead of arriving at the Show with their hot rods on trailers, washed, waxed and ready, these drivers are trekking cross-country from Hamilton, Ohio, to Las Vegas each in a custom hot rod.

After a five day trip through locations including St. Louis, Missouri and Amarillo, Texas, the trip will conclude in Las Vegas when the rodders roll their road worn rods onto the SEMA Show floor with dirt from the 2,000 mile trip in tact. Automotive journalist Ken Gross, Street Rodder Magazine Editor Brian Brennan, and Powermaster’s Eric Eddleman will join the orders for the journey.

See the rods in the manufacturer's booths in Hot Rod Alley, North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, throughout the week of the Show.

2. Clark

Clark

The tour sounds like fun. Can you imagine the guys that are in roadsters? I think there's a couple of extra cars tagging along too.
    Clark

3. the-rodster

the-rodster

Uhhh, yeah, but what will they be driving?

Corky's got a bunch of neat stuff, but I don't know if he owns a hot rod.

Steve Moal? I don't see him driving any of his stuff cross country- could be wrong.

They could focus instead on garage builders that drive their stuff cross country ALL the time.

Just my two cents.

Rich

4. wow cool,Ill be sure to check them out.

5. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Rich, check the Coker ads of late...the pickup in the Honest Charlie ad is his. About as hot rod as you can get. There, you can have a penny change.

6. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. Spark Plug

Spark Plug
    from Duvall, WA

8. TimDavis

TimDavis

I know Mike Goodman is driving a flatty powered Deuce roadster.

9. donnie

donnie
    from NC

10. TimDavis

TimDavis

That is funny....

I have the direct link to the HAMB bookmarked....

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Hmmmm.

I wonder if they stayed in Tulsa for the eve?

Sounds like they would most likely go through here, down 44 to OKC where they would hit 40 to Amarillo.

12. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

Wow, they drive their cars. Ahhhh, isnt that what we do every time we go somewhere. Leave it to Posie to think its a big deal to drive a hot rod to a show!

14. Well I thought it was a pretty big deal when a couple of yahoos from PA drove to Bonny;)

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Except for Posie car wasn't driveable, he's trailering his!!:eek: :D

"He didn’t get the electronics done (wiring) so he trailered his car. He is really catchin some crap over it but being a good sport about it. "Trailering a hot rod on the Driven Dirty Tour….dang…it even sounds bad!"

"He took a very important picture too of Ken (Dutch) Fenical riding in his wild 46 chev highboy ON THE TRAILER, while Josh Shaw pulled him! I look forward to seeing them in Streetrodder Magazine"

A cross country hot rod road trip being blogged on the internet....how novel.;) :D

I have been following along and I do wish them safe travels, and lots of fun.:cool:

16. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

HaHa........see below.......without parts and driving those darn 32's home.........I clicked on this thinking the "Texas Dirty's" got some press and had the roadster and 32' at "Sin city".......

17. Spike!

Spike!

The new SEMA newsletter had an article on "Rat Rods" too..they even mentioned Rod and Kulture...weird.

Spike

18. scarylarry

scarylarry

With any luck there will be about 10 yahoos from PA doing it next year!

19. EricE

EricE
    from Tennessee

We got in to Vegas on Sunday afternoon. The tour was a blast, first time for me to drive cross country. The joke on the tour was Posie was the Driven Dirty Tour Toad. He took it pretty good. Steve Moal and Bryan Brennan were the troopers, they drove and road the whole way in an open duec roadster, through rain and 26 degree mornings. And if you have never seen a Moal car up close, they are out standing in the workmanship.

I'm sure you have seen some images of the trip. But the cars were a '32 roadster by Corky Coker and Mike Goodman, '32 Roadster by Steve Moal and Bryan Brennan, '32 Coupe by Kenny and Ray Gollahon, '32 Coupe by Scott Whitaker and Ken Gross, PJ Burchett was driving an original '30 A five window, and I ended up in a hand built car by PJ and his Dad called the TomCat. The TomCat didn't fit in as much with the traditional stuff everyone esle was in but I was just happy to be included.
    We were also join up with by "Jake" Jacobs, in the Grand Canyon, he was in his '29 Panel. I will get some picture posted when I get back home after SEMA.

Eric E.