Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Calori Coupe to be sold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave B., Oct 6, 2012.

1. Dave B.

Dave B.

2. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

I also saw that the McMullen roadster is going to auction in the current Hemmings !!!

3. Mercchev

Mercchev

They have had both cars on display at their prevous auctions for most of this year advertising the auction in November...wish I was independently wealthy.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Were in a point of time were many "Historic", for lack of a better word cars are changing hands. It has been going on for a while, and I think more and more will be coming to market. My lottery numbers never seam to be the correct ones. Bob

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

yep, ads all over - look in Dec 2012 issue of Street Rodder at full page double ad.

6. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Absolutely fantastic car but even if I had the scratch I couldn't own it, I drive my cars just too hard. I'll always be happy looking at things like this somewhere though while driving my own rough old hot rods. ;)

Congratulations to whomever the next caretaker is for this is a Mona Lisa of the hot rod world! :)

7. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Ya know if I were a rich man, I would love to buy that car and give it back to Mr. Calori, just to hear some of his stories and to see that man smile as he drove off toward his house in it. That car belongs with him till the day he goes to the big hot rod show in the sky. That is a hell of a car and it will only be his car forever. Jim

8. He's already there........

9. Should be interesting. George Poteet said in the new Street Rodder that his favorite car of all time is the Mcmullen roadster.

10. HELLMET

HELLMET

i would still love to get my car and that car together someday.

11. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Speaking of a guy who has the scratch to buy it.........

There's something cool about the fact that he has never jumped on the "historic" car bandwagon. I'm sure had he chosen that path, He would have a collection along the lines of the one in Nevada that was auctioned off a few years ago!! Instead, he chooses to have cars built for him that have become historic in their own right, and helped a whole new group of talented builders become well known.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As much as I like the car I'm not sure I would ever be up to being the "Keeper" of such an iconic car that was more like a piece of fine art rather than a car you could drive.

Then again, If my numbers hit and I was in a position to bid on it I'd go for it and suffer through.

13. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not that picky. I would settle for being dependently wealthy...

14. i get mecum updates daily on my phone. got that one yesterday. damn, being poor can really be inconveniant.

15. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

Pretty funny, I was just telling my wife about this over dinner. I'll be playing the lotto for the rest of Oct. and the begining of Nov.

16. Fenders

Fenders

You seem to be suggesting that GP will not jump on the McMullen roadster... did you read what he said in the Dec. SR?
    I believe GP will get it -- frankly, based on his statements, I will be disappointed if he does not.

17. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Nah, I wasn't saying that at all. He has seemed more interested in NOT following the "over-restore old hot rods once owned by somebody sorta famous or featured in lots of early magazines" game that all the guys with lots of extra jingle in there pockets seemed to be playing a few years ago.
    I actually think if he had wanted too get into that, he would have out played all the guys that were doing the historic hot rod thing when it was at it's peek.

I actually just read that earlier this afternoon. I agree, he sounds like the perfect next caretaker for that car. Cool part is, he sounds like the kind of guy who will DRIVE IT!

18. 60'coupe

60'coupe

That car belongs to be back in Long Beach
    60'

19. Funny you should say that,someone real close to L.B. is very interested.

20. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Why cant I be rich! I wonder what they estimate the value?

21. I see the auction is coming up this weekend...damn...if only. Even if I sold everything I own, and cashed out my 401k...I'd still not have enough.

22. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

hahaha, yeah no shit Keith! Maybe we can both sell everything we own, rob a couple banks, start a pyramid scam, win the lottery, then buy it together! you can have it for the 2 weeks out of the year in Washington when it's not raining then it can live in Cali the rest of the year with me!:D

23. George Poteet bidding against Bruce Meyer, now that would be fun to watch !

24. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

i wish I could get into a bidding war and win. how well

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  25. a icon of all kustoms past. hope it gos to a great home

26. The thing is ........most custom guys are not rich...yes I said most.Unless its a millionaire that is in love with the car from his childhood or else if there are two million dollar egos going at it.......I don't think it will go for the huge money everyone thinks.I could be wrong but we will see.

27. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I'd have to agree!
    One look at the results of Ralph Whitworth's "Speed & Style" proves that!
    A lot of great customs were bought at rediculously low prices.

28. Went to Mecum tonight and I must say the 36 looked Gorgeous under them lights.

29. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

No pics Jeff?

30. guitard

guitard

Over 43 years I've offered in passing my left nut for many things many times. "Boy I'd give my left nut for this..." "Yep. I'd give my left one for that..." but sometimes one thinks "I'd give all the left nuts I ever said I'd give, all together as one really BIG left nut..." Well, my left nut or not - someone's going to have a ball.