Happily retired
    1932 Ford Highboy Roadster
    1957 Chevrolet 2 dr Sport Coupe
    1999 Chevrolet Corvette
    1951 Oldsmobile 88 Convertible
    1955 Lincoln Capri 2 dr Hdtp
    2004 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport
    N/A
    I fell in love with cars when I was 12 years old. I went to a custom car show at a local Chevrolet dealer in 1957 and became mesmerized by a 1956 Belair custom. I was hooked for life. Every month I would go to the local newstand and buy my favorite car mags...would spend hours leafing through the others that I did not purchase.

I could not wait to drive. The day I turned 16 is the day I got my driver's license. I immediately started looking for my first car. I bought a 1958 Chevy Delray with a 327/340 Corvette engine with 3 on the floor. I kept that for about a year and a half and then bought a 1957 Belair 2dr sport coupe. I would only buy a car that I considered "cool" from then on. I am still that way.

I always drove a nice car, but my love has always been for the 1932 Ford Roadster. I wanted that car from the time I got interested in rods and customs. When I was 16 somebody told me they thought they saw a 1932 Ford frame in a backyard field about 15 miles from my house. My brother and I drove there one night and asked the owner we could take a look. The owner knew nothing about cars but showed us where a bunch of old car parts were stored. It was dark and we went searching with flashlights. As we walked through the field I tripped-over something stuck in the mud. I looked down and saw the top outline of a frame buried in the dirt. I could not exactly tell what it was until we pulled it out of the mud. Once out I scraped the mud from the side rails and was elated when I saw the frame reveal that has made the 32' famous. I paid $10 for a perfect frame and the rest as they say is history.

I am and will forever be a hot rodder and street rodder.
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.