Register now to get rid of these ads!
Frank Vento
Last Activity:
Feb 8, 2020
Birthday:
Mar 23, 1965 (Age: 59)

Frank Vento

Member, Male, 59

So just read a thread that was inspiring from t_a_flathead, decided to share my story on getting my pickup. 32 Ford pickup Nov 17, 2019

Frank Vento was last seen:
Feb 8, 2020
  • About

Birthday:
    Mar 23, 1965 (Age: 59)
    1932 Ford Pickup, 1952 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 4 door, 1955 Chevy BelAir 2dr Hardtop
    n/a
    Have been around cars since I was kid, my dad was in the auto parts business.
    We had a “friends” 32 pickup and led sled in our garage for a couple years. Hiding from a divorce dispute.

My 32 pickup was first sighted when I was 15-17 years old. (Late 70’s early 80’s)
    Did not know it was a 32 then. I was more focused on Tri Five chevys. Just new it was a cool old Ford pickup. It belonged to the parents of my brothers wife. They had no interest in selling at that time, but is was safe and protected in a garage in Redwood City at Grandma’s house, where it had been parked since the mid 1960’s. My brother ended up divorcing. But I stayed in touch with the family every 6-12 months. And would always ask anytime I saw them if he was ready to sell.
    It was the week of 4th of July in 1994. Got a call at work on a Tuesday and didn’t recognize the voice. It was Carl he said his mom had passed away and they were cleaning out the house. He was ready to sell the truck, we agreed on his price $3,000 even though I never seen the whole truck it was pretty covered by boxes and stuff. So I told him I was headed out of town Thursday and could pick it up the following week. He said I was the first one he called and that wouldn’t work they wanted/needed the house empty by Sunday. And if I couldn’t get it he’d keep calling on the list.
    I said give 20 minutes and I’ll call you back, called the bank and checked finances (pre online banking) Then called my buddy with a car trailer. Called Carl back and told him we’d be there with cash at 10am the next morning. Then told my boss I would be a little late the next day. We got it picked up and actually got it running the following week. It had a little knock but not to bad. Then worked on brakes, king pins, tires, hoses, belt, tune up, and little door repair (hinges and door bottoms). Played around with it for a year. Lost my garage, so it went back into storage. Until about two years ago. Acquired another motor and had that rebuilt flathead banger, new tires, wiring harness, etc. now it’s on the road and getting driven regularly. It’s such a kick to drive. I gave my brothers ex-wife a ride in it a few months ago, first time she had ever ridden in it.
Register now to get rid of these ads!

Archive

Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.