Register now to get rid of these ads!

-40 this morning

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gahi, Dec 8, 2005.

1. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

freakin cold. My fuel lines froze while I was driving, never had that happen before. hasn't been above 5 degrees in the last 2 days

Gary

2. skyrodder

skyrodder

Man i have been to Winter Park before... it's beautiful... I'm wanna go next year again... I never knew there were Hot Rods in the Rockies..I went this year with my cousin and his 3 kids...

[​IMG]

3. Radshit

Radshit

In 1970..I was 7 years old....staying at Snow Mountain Ranch.....freezing my ass off skiing at Winter Park and Idilwild!!!!!.......I feel for ya' brother!!

I love skiing....but the coolest part about Winter Park was watching the early style Rio Grande Passenger trains barreling out of Moffat Tunnel.........

4. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

Skyrodder, you guys look excited about the snow, we have about 5.5 more months of it:mad: is that up on Trail Ridge?Radshit, I live literally 30ft from the tracks lots of coal trains going to Denver. I hop them alot in the summer for a ride up the hill and skate back to the house. never ridden one through the tunnel, its about 7 miles long. the ski train still runs from Denver 3 days a week.

Gary

5. skyrodder

skyrodder

Yeah that picture was taken in June...

6. Radshit

Radshit

What a view....for us Railfans........I miss Colorado......but not the sub-zero temps when I rode my motorcyle from Golden to the Springs everyday..

Attached Files:

7. Yeah, isnt it cool!!!!!!!???? I dig the cold only because you pussys bitch about it. Any takers wanna do a bicycle ride tomoorow night? A balmy 10 degrees and lots of beer......................pussies. :D

8. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

It's cold here but not that cold. I skied Winter Park back 11 years ago! (has it been that long!!) MaryJane, great hill, loved the place!

9. Dirty2

Dirty2

Man its around 14 in Dallas and that SUX !!!!!

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I woke up to a foot of snow. Lotta shovelin before I left for work.

11. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

ughhhhhh yea right your driveway is like half the size of mine you should come over here and help me:D

12. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Yeah and Mine is 170' long bitch...:D

13. Olson

Olson

Hahaha!!! Tman ain't that how you f'd up yer ankle the other night???

Hmmm???? :D

Uberbalmy 18 degrees here right now...just got our first real snow of the winter yesterday.

Olson

14. It was 9 below when I got up this morning.

Sounds like you got water in your gas maybe a can of heat would help.

Tell you what sucks about this weather, my motor never runs above 140 degrees. Not enough to make heat, hell the t stat never even comes open.

Opps I just noticed that your post says -40, now that's colder than a well diggers patoot. I'm not sure what a patoot is but well diggers got 'em and they're damned cold.

15. JayD

JayD

We're work'in on 12 degrees here now, give me warm, sunny beaches anyday. I know, to each his own, but I could never choose snow skiing over going to the warmer regions of the country.

I'm always looking for perpetual summertime!

JayD

Basically, I HATE this crap!!

16. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Gotta get out and finish my re-wire on the Beater so I can post pics of some 30 ft. roosters. Can't wait to drive that bitch to work in this crap.

17. common here in MN, lt Jan /early Feb , but yep dang cold ! put a pc of cardboard w a 4" hole in the center in front of your radiator to get it to warm up more , -IT WORKS :D

18. Deuce Rails

Deuce Rails

-40? Wow!

Is that Farenheit or Celsius? :) :) :)

19. Yeah, but you gotta pay to play man! Going out again tonight.

20. I'm just going to tie a piece across the grill between the lights, that'll leave a slot over the top and bottom for air to pass through.

I really think that what is happening is that my stat is bleeding by, the damned old thing only got to 200 once at the HAMB drags this year and I've never used my second fan since the swap. they say a single 11" fan won't cool a small block. If I was a well digger i'd say my frosty patoot it won't.

Quick as I get through finals I'm gonna give it a closer look.

21. It is NOT a good idea to put cardboard PART way across your rad. The air coming in through the gaps causes the fan blades to flex. Thereby developing cracks. Thereby causing fan blades to fly off and hit you in the middle of the forehead when you're revving up the engine. Put the cardboard all the way over the grill opening.
    The coldest I've seen was -52 up in Prince George, British Columbia. It hurts to go outside.

22. jimmyfromhell

jimmyfromhell

Haha, I think our low last nite was 38.Hi today is 60.Gotta love the desert.
    Although I do miss the Black Hills sometimes.If I had to live in the snow again, that's where it'd be.

23. Makes me think of Minnesota (I was born in St. Paul)! As a kid growing up it was not unusal in JAN/FEB to end with a "Windchill Temp" of minus 60. I remember my dad taking the batteries out of the cars & bringing them inside at night to keep them warm so when he put them back the next morning they would start easier & yes! the cardboard trick worked for us also! :D "Ya chure you betchya" + "Oh yeh" + "Say dare..":D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

24. Damn, I guess I am a pussy.
    I was whining last week here in Germany when we got into the 20's.
    I guess that's what I get for growing up in sunny california.

-FNG

25. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Must be that global warming thing !