Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project Web Site

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al T, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Was surfing around last night and found a link to a pretty good web site. It's @ www.mygaspedal.com and is a free site that allows you to set up a page about your project. Here's the link to mine Share Your Car Project! . Thought it would be interesting if some of the other Hamb'ers set up project pages so we could see what's going on.

2. in2hotrods

in2hotrods

Thanks for sharing. I followed your link. I'm gonna open my own there as well.

3. slammy

slammy

I did one. http://slammy.mygaspedal.com/
    I like the to-do list feature; helps keep the project on track. I'll be uploading additional photos soon.

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I love the idea of this site. I wish it was a paid service so that contextual advertising wasn't necessary, but a great idea nonetheless...

5. Terry

Terry

For those of us that do it, we should post the address of our project in our signature.

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

I'd pay for something like that Ryan. . . *hint hint...nudge nudge* :p

7. jettwein

jettwein

Funny this came up... I'm always like 6 months too late. :) I am building something like this for myself, almost identical in functionality, but in PHP/MySQL. It's be pretty trivial to convert to multi-user and put it up in an ASP environment and allow user subscription. My version has stuff like a wish list (for gift purchases), but I didn't have the "search ebay" or "search google" functionality - that's pretty interesting. How about "search HAMB"..? :)

When i get it done, I'll let folks know and if there's interest, I can make multi-user. I've got a little too much going on right now though...

8. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

Great, but I didn't visit. I know what to expect of those free services; lots of pop-ups & spyware trying to install, etc., - & I'm on my unprotected windoze '95 machine untill I can find time to get the modems working on my other machines. However, if you check I'm sure your ISP provides FREE space for your homepages, without all those ads, pop-ups, & spyware. Not hard to find a WYSIWYG (stay away from microshit's Front Page) to make websites. Also, Geocities is not half bad for a free srevice; their ad system is not all that intrusive.
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

Bush is on a tour of the east; he's visiting American jobs...(my best friend's included).

9. Tcoupe

Tcoupe

10. slammy

slammy

Please do. The mygaspedal.com sites are limited (understandably) to 6 photos. I've got 5x that amount and I'm just getting started on my project. I'd be willing to pay for something more robust.