Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another Limey from across the pond...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Andy P, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Andy P

Andy P
    from UK

Well, after what must be well over a year of 'lurking' on the HAMB, I figured it was about time I got my shit together and wrote an intro, and maybe even start contributing to this forum! The other reason is I am now well into the build of my '33 truck, so find myself glued to this and the Fordbarn forums even more.

Where do I start…. well, even though as a youngster I had my 'hobby career' all mapped out towards the world of hot rods, I have to admit (please don't shoot me!) I got distracted by those German aircooled things. Having spent probably the best part of 15 years devoted to the whole VW scene, including building a Best in European show car in the early days, I finally turned my back on it a few years ago. Have always had a keen interest in the hot rod scene as well though…. I'm actually very proud of my full A & B cover collection of The Rodder’s Journal :)

So, current project is a '33 Ford truck, found on Ebay and imported to the UK from Tonawanda NY last year. The project was originally influenced by the J Shine '34, but I do have a few more hot tricks and details planned. Naturally, it will be a very traditional 50's look, with a lot of the build specification and detail heavily influenced by the aircraft industry of that period. Currently, I'm putting it together pretty much stock so I can get the thing registered. Pics to follow….

I live 'on the right' of the UK :) I was a fabricator / welder in my earlier working years, but am now a powertrain engineer working for Lotus (British sports car manufacturer and engineering consultancy).

Thanks for reading!

Andy P.

2. Welcome, Andy. Keep us up to date on your projects....we like photos. :)

3. Welcome to the HAMB from a Limey on the other side of the pond to you!!

You must life in Norfolk if you work at Lotus...yes?

Lots of other 'Brits" on here too...

And like Johnny said....we like pictures :D

4. Andy P

Andy P
    from UK

Hi Dave

Thanks for the welcome! We have 'spoke' a couple of times via the NSRA forum. Yep, that be Norfolk! Truck doesn't look much yet, but will post a couple of pics soon.

Andy P.

5. KoppaK

KoppaK

Welcome from another Limey.

6. Ah ha..... another one from the Dark Side!!

Post pic's anyway!! :D

7. And welcome - from someone else on the dark side...

8. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

Welcome to the board... from north of the 49th.