Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Official 60-66 C-10 Chevy Truck Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TexasHardcore, May 8, 2006.

1. Endless, what is the piece of what appears to be sheet metal with the large holes below the valve cover on the front passenger side?

2. endlessearth

endlessearth

It is simply a trick-looking bracket that keeps the air intake tubing from touching the valve cover.

3. endlessearth

endlessearth

He wants to drive it when he drives 16 so he has to work for it. ;)

4. NAES

NAES

Not sure if I've posted in this thread before but here's what I've got going on. 64 longbed fleetside. Static dropped on cut coils, Z'ed front frame and pancaked crossmember. Rear is a big notch that I made. Hopefully it'll be enough to keep it rolling along without too many issues. Engine is in the back of the pics under the tarp getting cleaned up and painted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She should have been running and driving by now but new girlfriends seriously fuck up progress!

NAES

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have to keep coming back and listening to this thing as it goes past! You called the length just right! I have to admit when you told me that was what you wanted to use I kinda did the nervous laugh, 'cause I think of these as "custom car" kinda muffs and not performance car stuff... I was wrong!

Actually it keeps the air hose off the valve cover so it doesn't abrade the paint, but it also doesn't allow it to touch the hot exhaust manifold and melt the hose, either. It was a sort of temporary thing, but I figure with about ten minutes time I could make it at least look somewhat cool with some "speed" holes.

One of the next things we are going to do on this truck is setup an air conditioning system, as the last couple of days have gently touched 100 already this year. I had Grant order the Corvette replica ram horns out of Speedway because they are 2 1/2" outlets and I knew we needed this thing to breath, (I HATE headers!) but also because they have accessory mounting brackets on both sides. This will make the alternator and A/C mounts a breeze to make, and symmetrical too. It's one of my many OCD moments, but I hate engine accessories festooning the front of an engine at all sorts of crazy angles...

6. FrankyV8

FrankyV8
    from Holland

My '60 stepside build

Engine allmost buttoned up

[​IMG]

Old vs New

[​IMG]

7. zippeay

zippeay
    from Hooper, Ut

8. FrankyV8

FrankyV8
    from Holland

Love your truck buddy, mega cool patina on there!!

J & R Chevys likes this.
  9. 1963phil

1963phil

Lol :D

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

11. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

About a month ago I picked up this 1963 C10 longbed pickup.
    [​IMG]

It had it towed straight to my buddy's shop for a major brake job, wheel bearings and cylinders, major tune up, some electrical issues and a bunch of leak fixes. Complete exhaust job too... all tucked up nice between the bedsides and frame so that it would be out of the way after it's lowered (not that I'll lower it that much).

Now I have it back in my hands and I'm starting to make changes.
    My plan is to leave all the paint the way it is, just buff it out. The brown stripe will get freshened up and the wheels and bumpers will get fresh paint or powdercoat.

Under the hood and inside the cab will be all painted and re-upholstered.

[​IMG]

It has a 350 from a '70 Chevelle and the stock 3 speed.. I'm pretty sure that it does not have 4.11 or 4.10 gears in the rear..

Last weekend I replaced the mirrors... no more dumbos.
    [​IMG]

Everything under the dash was white... that just wouldn't do
    [​IMG]

I'm going to go with a 2 / 4 drop - using the complete spring kit from Classic Perform.
    Here the current side shot. Powdered coated wheels and new tires this week or next week.. (and you can get a good view of the tucked exhaust)
    [​IMG]

12. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

One more shot... the bed wood is rough, but complete.. I'm going to treat the steel strips and the wood and leave it.

[​IMG]

13. TruckDrivingSOB

TruckDrivingSOB

Looking good joe! Welcome to the dark side.

14. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Ha! Karl - how are you man?!
    Yep... I was actually looking for a 60 - 66 when I bought that 59. Now that both boys are bigger I need the wider bench seat.

15. TruckDrivingSOB

TruckDrivingSOB

Doing good Joe. Just found out I have to rebuild the motor in the fairlane but my Chevy is running like a champ!

SanDiegoJoe likes this.
  16. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I picked my C10 up from the shop today. 3 / 5 lowering kit, lots of new suspension components. Fresh powdercoat on the wheels and new tires.

Next: seatbelts and take my sons for a ride!

[​IMG]

quakerchevelle likes this.
  17. quakerchevelle

quakerchevelle
    from Sin City

San Diego Joe ... Looking good, you going to go any lower or leave it there? Mine currently has a 5" drop in the rear with 2.5 drop spindles up front and the torsions turned a bit ... but I want to go lower. It just rides so good right now I hate to mess with it LOL.

*edit* - By the way ... what is the size of your wheels/tires? Thanks.

18. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Thanks!
    Nope, that is as low as I'm taking it. Those are the stock 15" wheels with Hankook 215 / 75s.

Yeah, mine rides really nice. It's got a bunch of new suspension components too, replacements for worn parts.

19. el_bole

el_bole

This is my 61' before I tore it down. It's currently sitting on a 73' C10 short bed frame....Slowly putting it back together....Yes the purple will be eliminated!!!!!!

Attached Files:

20. el_bole

el_bole

21. lowcad61

lowcad61
    from 18947

taking out the 51 year old parts and in with the new....
    51.JPG 51.JPG 51+.JPG 51.JPG

22. lowcad61

lowcad61
    from 18947

eee gads! I only uploaded two files and it put the same image in 3x. sorry folks.

23. quakerchevelle

quakerchevelle
    from Sin City

Looks like you're making some progress!

24. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

25. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

On Sunday I filled in the gaping hole in the dash that was chewed there for a stereo. [​IMG]

26. quakerchevelle

quakerchevelle
    from Sin City

SanDiegoJoe ... great pic, what kind of cam are you using?

27. lowcad61

lowcad61
    from 18947

Thanks. I think it is the original wood. The truck is really solid. It was repainted and not restored. You can still see door / work dings under the paint - but those are just character lines. There was an old van seat bolted in the bed when I bought it. It looked cool but it took up too much room. Underneath that was fairly clean. It had a white (hideous) snap on tonneau cover which kept everything protected. It will make a good pattern for a black replacement. The snaps are already drilled in to the truck. Looking to bolt in a tool box and a under frame gas tank.

28. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I'm pretty sure that the 350 is stock. It's from a 70 Chevelle.

29. quakerchevelle

quakerchevelle
    from Sin City

Sorry ... I meant what type of Camera did you use for that interior shot ... looks crisp.

30. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Ha! It's my Samsung S4