Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Installing Seat belts I My 41

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cattmann, May 5, 2014.

1. cattmann

cattmann
    from NB Canada

I am looking for input on installing seat belts in my 1941 Chrysler Royal . I am using the original front seat and Would like to have something that attached to the floor beside the door and is easy to buckle up to. Is there a belt out there that has a tall plastic sleeve to reach as high as my stock seats?The minimum it would have to be is 12" from the floor so 13 or 14" would make it alot easier to buckle up . Another question I have is Length. Has anyone installed belts in a stock dodge or plymouth car and if so what length would a person need for lap belts ? Any info would be greatly appreciated:D

2. My suggestion is to visit your local salvage yard and look at late model mini vans,,they usually have taller belt heights. HRP

3. Work In Progress

Work In Progress

I installed aftermarket belts in my 49 dodge. They were too short to mount to the floor so I attached them to the seat frame just below the cushion. Now they move with the front seat when I adjust it and the length was right on.

4. gatz

gatz

If you plan on using the original bench seat, the seat belts would have more benefit if a way is found to lock the seat-back from coming forward.

An alternative to the bench seat is to find some Chrysler Sebring convertible seats. The seat belts are integral with the seat-back; which leans forward for rear seat entry, but still locks in the upright position.

Bought a set a while ago for my '40 Chrylser, but haven't installed them yet. Found some very good info about how to install them and what's needed for the control module.

5. scott51

scott51

not sure about the plastic sleeve sorry, but worth checking out this when planning placement and length (in particular pg 9-16) http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Seatbelts_& Seatbelt_Anchorages.pdf

There's a lot more to installing correctly functioning safety belts than finding a solid place to bolt them to.

6. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Julianos might be able to help. They have different setups and include mounting hardware in their kits. www.julianos.com Seatbelts are like brakes to me. I prefer new parts as opposed to salvage yard stuff.

7. 68vette

68vette

8. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

That's good information right there!