Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Does the HAMB really need another shoebox build thread?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Big A, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks great,Andrew!
    Are going to finish it with lead?

2. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Looking good bro.....keep on truck in.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. I played with lead a bit at the Winfield course I took a couple of years ago. Not as easy as the ol' pros make it look. I think I'm going to stick with Rage until I get some time to get a lot more practice.

4. Great idea and execution! Like the dash transition to the garnish... especially with positioning the dash to work with the windshield. The dash to garnish was posing a issue with the downward dash position. Really liked the level transition to the garnish. Again, great idea and great work man!

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

6. Looking real nice. Lots of time spent here.

7. I've made a bit more progress, should have a couple more pics this weekend.

8. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

I like your wings!!
    Why is your work bench so clean.............

9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Quit fooling around and get it driving , so you can thread the 41.:eek::eek::Djoking ,If your having fun ... carry on. :) It looks great !

You seem to be looking for confidence ? You have already proven you have what it takes.;):)

10. Looks awsome.

11. vince89

vince89

holy crap. thats amazing man great work your doing over there just wow.

12. That dash really looks awesome in there...

13. scampy72

scampy72

just read through this whole thread and i am loving it. the taillight treatment and the dash are my favorite parts of your build, cant wait to see more progress pics, and to see it finished of course. awesome work
    -marc

14. lgh1157

lgh1157

I just read every page of this .
    Amazing build
    Inspirational
    Love the dash, the trunk looks fuckin killer
    So rad
    L

15. Rosies41

Rosies41

Great looking job! Thanks for the info on the 51 chevy!

16. Bertolasi

Bertolasi

Nice detailing. I am anxious to see a coat of primer on the restyled dash, it is amazing how tight you have the butted ends fitted (door ribs to dash ribs). Great project! bob

17. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

I liked my trunk floor better..........

18. Holy crap, didn't accomplish anything for a couple of months. Time flies. Finally made it back in the garage, got my rear garnish moldings pretty much figured out...

Uncut, you can see how much the rear window has changed with the chop. Got some cutting to do...

[​IMG]

Sorry for the lousy pic quality, my phone got damn near killed when I was at Steel In Motion... got run over by a FED :D Oops. Still works, takes bad pics.

I started by cutting the top off, and then cutting the bottom piece so I could figure out the length. That's the easy part...

[​IMG]

Clamp the lower piece in position and tape off at the cut line...

[​IMG]

Remove the bottom piece, clamp the top piece in position and you can see where it needs to be cut. Tape that line off. Dang I figured this out all on my own...

[​IMG]

Skip over all the boring cutting/welding/grinding parts... cut/weld/grind (take my word for it), do a bit of body filler-er-ing... more sanding... primer... filler... sand... primer... and it comes out looking pretty cool...

[​IMG]

Wow, these pictures suck, which is usually an advantage with my shitty skills, but it's time for a new phone. Maybe if I feel really adventurous I'll dig out my real camera this weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully it won't be 2 months before the next update.

19. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

looks good man. It may not look like much, but there is alot of work in there. The transition into the dash turned out nice

20. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks great Andrew!
    That reminds me that i still have one garnish moulding left...But i guess i'll chop it when the body is back on the frame.Keep it up!

21. olcarguy

olcarguy

Those of us that know, can really appreciate the amount of work involved in what you have accomplished. Very good work. Be proud of what you have done.

22. Thanks for the comments guys. I'm picking away at this thing.

Here are some clearer shots of the garnish moldings. You can see they still need work, but they're not tooo far off...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one's looking a bit rough, it was the first side I did and I screwed it up a bit. It'll get fixed...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I'm back to the headlights. I got them reasonably close-ish a few months ago then got so fed up trying to get them right I had to walk away. Did a lot of hammering on them on Sunday, got them close enough to start welding in the missing inner pieces...

[​IMG]

Life would have been easier using pieces of actual Oldsmobile fenders and headlight buckets, but easy doesn't make for much of a learning experience :D

stealthcruiser likes this.
  23. Far out Andrew! You are crazy!

24. That headline is the cats arse! :) HRP

25. Eric H

Eric H

Really coming along now!

26. Eric H

Eric H

I was just looking back at page one and realized I had forgotten just how far this car has come. Great work!

27. I keep this picture on the wall in my garage to remind myself that I have actually made some progress...

[​IMG]

28. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Fucking Rad bro.

29. Talent right there boys & girls! :cool: Andrew you are killing it brother! K:cool::cool:L

Peanut 1959 likes this.
  30. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

oh yes, those interior pieces are looking good.

yay for updates.

-W